WnSoft Forums

Running one show after another

Normally when I do my lectures I use the first one or 2 pictures as an introduction on the screen while people are gathering and then when when time comes I just continue the slideshow and the lecture. However on a lecture on Feeding the planet I would like to run one slide show (with recent headlines about increasing food prices) run continously until it is time to start, then I would like to hit excape stopping that show and get the second one to start automatically . I have tried to figure out ways to do it but am at a loss. Greatful for suggestions Curt Carnemark

Hi Curt,

Welcome to the PTE forum. You'll find lots of knowledgeable individuals here who are willing to offer you suggestions.

Have you considered driving the "loop" sequence and the "play to a finish" sequence from within another sequence?

For example:

Black slide, Slide that runs the "loop" sequence, Slide that runs the "play to a finish" sequence, Black slide

I have no experience of "loop" sequences but if this works as I anticipate it might, it should give you the degree of control that you are looking for.

Peter, In thinking about it again Do you mean that I in my lecture would have a slide running a loop, that would work but not familiar with how to do that. I would then start my slideshow go into the first slide that runs a loop and when stopping that womehow continue with the next slide. As I said not familiar with how to do that. Will look in the manual again Tanks Curt

Curt,

I am presuming that your "loop" show is built with Project Options...Main...Show settings... set with "Repeat show until ESC is pressed" selected. Right?

Lets call the executable form of this show AVLoop.exe. Your other show we will call AVMain.exe.

I am proposing a new show(let's call it AVDriver.exe) in which you have

A Black Slide

A Plain slide (Plain1) to trigger AVLoop.exe

A Plain slide (Plain2) to trigger AVMain.exe

A Black Slide

To trigger AVLoop from Plain1 you would select Plain1 then take Customise Slide... Main... Advanced option... "Run external application" and set the file name to be AVLoop.exe (no drive or path data just the basic file name)

To trigger AVMain from Plain2 you do similarly.

Now, create AVLoop.exe and AVMain.exe and ensure that they both are stored in the same folder. Then build and create AVDriver.exe and ensure that this is also stored in the same folder. You can now copy these three exe files to any other computer and, provided they are stored all three in the same folder, AVDriver will call AVLoop and when you press ESC and advance to the next image in AVDriver, AVMain will be called. When AVMain ends normally AVDriver will advance to the Black slide and then end.

I've built several linked sequences using this sort of technique and even done "break outs" to Windows Explorer, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop etc as well as to other PTE exe files. The only thing I have no experience of is building and running a "loop" sequence.

The above, or something based on it, should provide you with the function that you are trying to achieve.