WnSoft Forums

Global Timing Vs Manual Timing

srw

Greetings N Salutations...

For those concerned, I have attached 2 identical basic shows with the exception of one being random

( "Display slides in random order".) into a zip file - P2E.zip.

P2E.zip @1.79mb -

- random.exe - size= 966,384 - CRC 86844c6d

- NOTrandom.exe - size= 966,387 - CRC 4027a271

Each slide is labeled with either "Global 5 second" or "Manual 10 second" with "End" to appear at

the slides transitional point into the next slide.

I have placed a picture at the global 5 second mark, on the 10 second slides- which will generally move

at this point into the next random slide.

*I did notice,that sometimes if the show starts with the slide that was manualy adjusted(10secs),in random mode, it will basically follow the global time (5secs). As well as this, it appears that on occasions the 5 second slides have even taken up the slack of the shortened 10 second slide- basically slowing down towards the end.

Its Without the "Display slides in random order", that the shows have worked seamlessly, for me

All is basically default. New computer (Duo- 2gig ram)- latest direct x- Nvidia graphics.

I purchased this program because i had and do enjoy its abilities and features-

as well as the support and advice, i have found, when P2E seems to be having trouble with me! :(

CHEERS! - Safe N Prosperus New Year 2 all! :lol:

endevil,

Pte needs to compensate timing of slides of different tranistion effects and/or different images. My guess ... this most likely may be the difference in your Random vs Non-Random show.

Try a test using photos of all the same image properties.

Your images/photos : 8 @ .jpg ?

1@ - 1280x960 @300dpi - 116kb

3@ - 399x600 @ 72dpi - 116kb

1@ - 600x399 @ 72dpi - 116kb

1@ - 193x145 @ 72dpi - 116kb - ?

1@ - 400x600 @ 90dpi - 116kb

1@ - 600x399 @ 72dpi - 99.7kb

endevil,

Pte needs to compensate timing of slides of different tranistion effects and/or different images. My guess ... this most likely may be the difference in your Random vs Non-Random show.

Try a test using photos of all the same image properties.

Your images/photos : 8 @ .jpg ?

1@ - 1280x960 @300dpi - 116kb

3@ - 399x600 @ 72dpi - 116kb

1@ - 600x399 @ 72dpi - 116kb

1@ - 193x145 @ 72dpi - 116kb - ?

1@ - 400x600 @ 90dpi - 116kb

1@ - 600x399 @ 72dpi - 99.7kb

Thankyou nobeefstu for your time and theory...

What you say bears merit, but then Non random would produce the same problem.

(compensate timing of slides of different tranistion effects and/or different images)-

The picture show shown consecutivly has the identical timeline/transition /picture workload as random.

As i may of messed up in the program somehow ...

i have zipped the project file RND.pte -CRC 2da52ae3 with RND.exe-CRC d4d04c94.

RND.zip

In the project,i turned off effects, and the pictures are identical in dimension and

picture sizes are small, 26kb and 37kb... still no joy. :(

Why P2E maintains its timing integrity in NON random mode but not in random, is out of my league.

All i know is its a feature Blowfly in my ointment at the minute.

I just hope that someone can show that i contributed to the problem!- Thankyoo again...

:)Strangers are friends we have not met yet...

endevil,

Thanks, your attached .pte gives me better understanding of your issue ;)

Since you are mixing Global and Manual timing on the same slide show ... you need to enable Customize Slide settings in Slides 2 & 3, so the slide knows to properly use your indicated manual Display Time of 10.1 sec.

-Global setting 5.1 for Slides 1 & 4 -- settings look ok

-Manual setting 10.1 for Slides 2 & 3 -- * see attached image highlights for changes required.

Note:

* If you require Slide to stop for manual use -- Wait for Key Press or Mouse Click to Show next Slide

* If you require Slide to use manual timing -- Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval

post-45-1198806146_thumb.jpg

endevil,

Thanks, your attached .pte gives me better understanding of your issue ;)

Since you are mixing Global and Manual timing on the same slide show ... you need to enable Customize Slide settings in Slides 2 & 3, so the slide knows to properly use your indicated manual Display Time of 10.1 sec.

-Global setting 5.1 for Slides 1 & 4 -- settings look ok

-Manual setting 10.1 for Slides 2 & 3 -- * see attached image highlights for changes required.

Note:

* If you require Slide to stop for manual use -- Wait for Key Press or Mouse Click to Show next Slide

* If you require Slide to use manual timing -- Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval

Potential Epitaph

Thankyou nobeefstu -

I duly changed - By default (Use timer to show next slide) to - Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval-

I added another picture - extended to 10 secs then enabled as above. mmm.

I would like to say YAY, but nay! good citizen tis not to be...

I dont know what program your using, it cant be the same as mine.

Funny thing, I guess i left all the slides at By default (Use timer to show next slide) as P2E will follow thru

any manualy adjusted slide timelines, with By default (Use timer to show next slide) enabled with no problems -

-------- WHEN NONRANDOM. :blink: -------

On the reverse, when RANDOM gets involved it can often follow the Global timeline, no matter what the manual slides are set to -

By default (Use timer to show next slide) OR Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval- :angry:

Could you or anyone interested, send a basic .pte show - i will compensate using my own pictures.

Adjust the timeline of a couple of the slides manually higher than the Global Time interval-

set slides to random- run it, wonder what im on about, then send it to me at my throw away email - munyiz@gmail.com

We all have a life, and i appreciate this and any efforts that could help me keep this program in mine...

endevil,

duly changed - By default (Use timer to show next slide) to - Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval-

I added another picture - extended to 10 secs then enabled as above. mmm.

I would like to say YAY, but nay! good citizen tis not to be...

* Make sure Customize Slide checkbox Use Customize Settings for this Slide is enabled of the Slide# using Show Next Slide after indicated Time interval for Manual Timing 10.1 for Slides 2 & 3

* Make sure Customize Slide using Global Timing 5.1 for Slides 1 & 4 show By default (Use timer to show next slide)

I dont know what program your using, it cant be the same as mine.

*PTE v5.1

On the reverse, when RANDOM gets involved it can often follow the Global timeline, no matter what the manual slides are set to -

Use of Global & Manual Slide Timing with multiple zoom objects for RANDOM Slides:

* To achieve the result you expect for RANDOM slides setting ... your Objects in O&A need to be Children Objects of the Main Slide Image.

*Children Objects will follow with the Slide Image in your RANDOM display setting. Since your Zoom Objects are independent of the Slide Image in your current setup ...there becomes a conflict of 5.1 image slide timing with 10.1 zoom object timing and vise-versa when RANDOM display is used.

* I suspect you will still recieve undesired display results with RANDOM ... when you try to randomly mix 10.1 object timing with 5.1 image timing.

Your mixture of timing changes from a 10.1 slide with all objects timed to appear differently in the allowed time frame to become/display properly as a 5.1 slide is a bit unordinary and may not be in PTEs programing possibilities at this time.

*Test and verify this is the result you wish to achieve.

*See attached image for details:

post-45-1198852968_thumb.jpg