WnSoft Forums

Falling snow

targa912

Hi Bob,

You can download my pdf here:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/snowforp2e.pdf

You can also go to Panos's website and download his snowglobe action along with my PTE template which already has a snow png created. You can use the snow png in any PTE slideshow.

Whether the flakes are large and soft or small and hard, whether they fall faster or slower and the direction of snowfall depends on how many times you insert the png image, how large you expand it, and the angle and speed with relation to the length of the timeline for display. I believe I set my template for a 60 second display which you can then either stop the display or let PTE "repeat".

If you just want snowfall in a regular display or slideshow read the PDF and either use the already prepared png file or create one according to the instructions. You may also want to experiment with other tools. The essence is that you have a white background which has multiple areas erased so that only small areas of white (snow) remain with the rest transparent. There are any number of tools one might use to create this effect but I used the "sponge" tool as you will read about in the PDF. Here's the link to Panos' site with link to where you can download the template and where you can download Panos snowglobe action if you like.

http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?option=co...d&Itemid=39

Register - then go to forum then to "free stuff" and poke around - lots of great actions, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Anyone know where I can find a tutorial on making falling snow, like in "Wishes 2007"?

Bob W.