WnSoft Forums

Black slides

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have just tried to save a slide show as a zip file with about 10 black slides in it. I got an error message saying the black slides had the same name and should be named individually, which seems a drag, anyone else found this, also would this mean if the same picture was shown more than once the same would apply.

Yachtsman1

Actually, you can use the same file name 100 or 1000 times as long as it's on the slide list as a different slide. I'm not certain what the problem is but if you can post the PTE file perhaps it can be explained.

Here's a little example:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/black.zip

Best regards,

Lin

I've just done "Create backup as zip" of one of my "work in progress" sequences. It uses the same Black Slide image twice and another image file twelve times. I didn't get any error messages at all. I'm using v5.1

I guess you had the error when you tried to use the "Create backup in ZIP" feature, right ?

If so, PTE tells you that your project uses different files located on your HD with the same name.

When it wants to create the ZIP, it doesn't know which one to include in the zip because they have the same file name.

Just use the same file instead of several for your black slide and everything should be ok. :)

Guest Yachtsman1
I guess you had the error when you tried to use the "Create backup in ZIP" feature, right ?

If so, PTE tells you that your project uses different files located on your HD with the same name.

When it wants to create the ZIP, it doesn't know which one to include in the zip because they have the same file name.

Just use the same file instead of several for your black slide and everything should be ok. :)

Hi The Dom

You hit the nail on the head, I created more than 1 black slide and used several in a presentation, when I tried to zip it, that's what happened.

Will do better next time, I hope.

Thanks to everyone.