WnSoft Forums

DVD start-up window

sjukqcar

Very much like "Gypsey", I purchased Pictures To Exe on 11th January and immediately, without reading any guiding notes, proceeded to compile a project and was amazed at how user friendly the programme was. The resultant show, I thought, was great with one irritating little exception.

I saved a project and customised a start-up window and checked the box for "Show start-up window"

Both "pte" and "exe" files opened on my computer with a start-up window having a "Run" button to start the project in full screen view.

However the DVD which I produced from the "pte" file when played on my TV displayed a start-up screen with a small screen which continually displayed the first 4 frames of the project before clicking on the arrow to open the project up into full screen display. Admittedly it started with the first frame but the game had already been given away by the preview which the small screen had displayed.

I repeated the whole exercise WITHOUT customising a start -up window and not checking the box.

Both "pte" and "exe" files opened on my computer, as expected, without a start-up screen and started in full screen view.

The DVD produced from this "pte" file behaved in the same way as the WITH customised start-up screen and had the same give away preview of the first 4 slides.

Having now read the 128 page User Guide I unfortunately am no further forward. I feel that someone out there knows what I am doing wrong.

If you wish you can uncheck "Create Menu" and the show will start without a menu at all. If you want to change the background or the image displayed you have those choices as well. You can uncheck "animated menu" and you can click on the image displayed on the title page then on "select frame" and choose from any image in your show. You could even put a blank image in if you wished by adding one to the end of your show, etc.

I think there are ways to achieve what you want but you need to experiment. My suggestion would be to create a tiny show of about three real images plus a blank image. Get some rewritable DVD's and experiment to get familiar with what you can do such as changing the background image, changing the size via properties, etc. For example you could set the opacity to zero in the "properties" and have no image on the title page - click on any word and delete it, etc. This way you could have a title page with your own background image and only a button to click to start the show.

The reason you won't find all this in the User Guide is that there are too many combinations and permutations to cover. It's not possible to know the myriad ways someone might want to use the title page so the program, like the rest of PTE, offers tremendous flexibility but to understand it all you really need to experiment. As mentioned earlier, the easiest way is to use rewritable DVD's and a tiny example slideshow so you can get a feel for all the possibilities.

Best regards,

Lin

If you wish you can uncheck "Create Menu" and the show will start without a menu at all. If you want to change the background or the image displayed you have those choices as well. You can uncheck "animated menu" and you can click on the image displayed on the title page then on "select frame" and choose from any image in your show. You could even put a blank image in if you wished by adding one to the end of your show, etc.

I think there are ways to achieve what you want but you need to experiment. My suggestion would be to create a tiny show of about three real images plus a blank image. Get some rewritable DVD's and experiment to get familiar with what you can do such as changing the background image, changing the size via properties, etc. For example you could set the opacity to zero in the "properties" and have no image on the title page - click on any word and delete it, etc. This way you could have a title page with your own background image and only a button to click to start the show.

The reason you won't find all this in the User Guide is that there are too many combinations and permutations to cover. It's not possible to know the myriad ways someone might want to use the title page so the program, like the rest of PTE, offers tremendous flexibility but to understand it all you really need to experiment. As mentioned earlier, the easiest way is to use rewritable DVD's and a tiny example slideshow so you can get a feel for all the possibilities.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Thanks for that, I felt sure that there must be some way of getting round this, I have been doing something right by using re-writable DVD's during the last week in experimenting. From what you are saying it looks as though the programme is even more versatile and user friendly than I first thought. I am making note of your suggestions and look forward to trying a few more ways of getting rid of my irritation. Thanks again.

Kind regards

Moggie