WnSoft Forums

file corrupted

robinlewando

Robinlew,

You said "...We then downloaded a fresh version of P2E and tried installing that. Same problem.

ie:-we cannot run P2E..."

(I note the word "We"...who are we, and who is the PC Administrator/Owner?)

To me the above looks like a 'security issue' I presume you are running Vista or XP or 2000 ??

1) Do you have Administrator permission(s) to install this Program ?

2) Are you using a 'Firewall' ~ if so this may prevent its downloading ?

3) Are you using Norton or McAfee 'Internet Security' ~ same as above ?

In any of these circumstances you must have 'Administrator/Owner' permissions to effect Any

installation of an Exe.File and you must instruct the Firewall or AV Program to permit Installation.

Firstly one must comply with these issues before one can address any other problems you may have.

Brian.Conflow.

we are running xp, not vista, and this is a home pc. "we" is my partner and me. no administrator and no firewall / security issues.

Robinlew,

So its a 'Home PC' not a Camera Club PC ~ this problem often happens when Camera Club

Members try to download to the Club PC without permission....

If you run XP there has to be 'someone' with Administrator permissions ~ perhaps "User".

You also said no Firewall issues ~ is the XP Firewall turned off ?....or is it working ?

May I also ask what Anti-Virus Program are you running ?...is this program in use ?

Forgive me, but these are obvious questions and not knowing your expertise with PC's

these items can often be overlooked which can result in a wild goose-chase whereas

in fact there may be no fault at all. Can you give more detail about the Firewall and

your AV Program ?

Also can you be more 'specific' with your problem and in particular what exactly is happening

after you download the PTE Program Installer ?

Brian.Conflow.