WnSoft Forums

Upgrade from PTE 5.0 to 5.1

GrahamP

Apologies, I'm new to this forum and quite new to PTE. I've just downloaded the PTE 5.1 and installed it, but I see my original 5.0 still exists in its original folder... and still seems to run. Is it safe to just delete or uninstall 5.0? Did I not perform the upgrade correctly? Do I need to keep both on my PC? Does the license key automatically transfer over to the 5.1 folder? Lots of questions, sorry, but I couldn't find anything on the website regarding this aspect.

Regards,

Gremmie

Hi Gremmie,

PTE V5.0 and v5.1 are quite happy to coexist with one another. You do not NEED to uninstall v5.0. Nor do need to keep both versions. I tend to keep previous versions only until I am satisfied that the new version is working correctly. The PTE key which you have previously placed in your Registry does indeed automatically pass over to each new version. Uninstalling v5.0 should not uninstall the registry key.

Hope this helps allay your fears. Have fun with this wonderful product.

Hi Gremmie,

PTE V5.0 and v5.1 are quite happy to coexist with one another. You do not NEED to uninstall v5.0. Nor do need to keep both versions. I tend to keep previous versions only until I am satisfied that the new version is working correctly. The PTE key which you have previously placed in your Registry does indeed automatically pass over to each new version. Uninstalling v5.0 should not uninstall the registry key.

Hope this helps allay your fears. Have fun with this wonderful product.

Many thanks Peter.