WnSoft Forums

DVD looks fuzzy when CD looks sharp

Pam Dean

For many years I have been making CD's for my customers. Now I want to offer DVD's.

I am using Ulead to burn my DVD's but when I play them on my computer or TV, they are very fuzzy looking.

I am embarrassed to say I am still 4.31.

Would lowering my resolution help? And what would I need to lower it to.

Thanks Pam

..<snip>..I am using Ulead to burn my DVD's but when I play them on my computer or TV, they are very fuzzy looking.

I am embarrassed to say I am still 4.31. ..<snip>..

Pam do you mean PTE v4.31? If so I would suggest you upgrade to v5.1 deluxe and use the inbuilt DVD burner which will make production much simpler and hopefully fix your other problems.

As many others have said on the forum the quality seen on a DVD/TV will not be as good as that on the PC.

Pam do you mean PTE v4.31? If so I would suggest you upgrade to v5.1 deluxe and use the inbuilt DVD burner which will make production much simpler and hopefully fix your other problems.

As many others have said on the forum the quality seen on a DVD/TV will not be as good as that on the PC.

Can I upgrade to 5.1 but still have 4.31 or will it override 4.31?

Thanks Pam

Can I upgrade to 5.1 but still have 4.31 or will it override 4.31?

PTE v5.1 will install to a separate location and you can have both versions installed and working on your PC.

However if you open and save a v4 PTE file in v5 it will no-longer be able to be loaded into v4.31, (not backward compatible).

Pam

Even with PTE5.1 your slide shows will not retain the same quality on DVD that they have as an exe file, especially when you view those DVD files on your PC.

At least with a TV we view from about 10 feet away.

See here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/audiovisual/dvd/dvd.htm

Many people think they are doing something wrong when they compare the Exe file and DVD file and only yesterday I had a call from a wedding photographer with the same concerns.

I am consider upgrading to 5.1. If you already have 4.3 does it cost anything?

The upgrade to v5.x is a free upgrade as are all future upgrades for the base PTE product, and upgrade to the Deluxe portion, (the DVD burner), which is what you require carries a $20 fee I believe.

See here: https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsel...e%20to%20Deluxe