WnSoft Forums

Some Old 3D Revisited.....

Lin Evans

Many have already seen this but in different shows - now combined. This is not designed as a serious slideshow but rather a demonstration of some techniques for 3D simulation which Photoshop and PTE have made possible.

OOB demos use techniques of light, shadow, perspective and images partially out of a frame to simulate three dimensional reality with two dimensional objects. In addition I have added some old solar system animation simulations as one would see from an imaginary position above our Solar System looking down on the Sun, and planets. Various features of PTE allow subtle things such as solar flare, storms, star movement, planet rotation, etc., of course all greatly accelerated from reality. Finally, a horizontal rotation of the Earth with orbiting moon done via PTE from over 460 photos and over 1200 keyframes. Obviously not something everyone is even interested in but showing some of the possibilities with PTE for animations which actually "can" be done and which "can't" be done with drop in video clips - not unless one has a movie camera and can shoot from space - LOL.

I'm constantly amazed at just what "is" possible with PTE! It's fun to explore the limits and try new ways of simulating reality - at least it is for me.

So if interested, a 33 meg zipped executable. Turn down your sound a bit - the music is loud....

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/demos/3d.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Jean-Pierre,

It's fun to sometimes just play with the possibilities isn't it? Igor, Aleksey,Sergey and the other developers have done such a great job with PTE it's fun to explore the many facets of this great tool!

Best regards,

Lin

Nice demonstration, and also nice photos. Well done. Run fine on my PC.

It's fun to sometimes just play with the possibilities isn't it? Igor, Aleksey,Sergey and the other developers have done such a great job with PTE it's fun to explore the many facets of this great tool!

Yes, that's right, the precision of this tool is so good that we can imagine a lot of things. We are just limited by the memory (not of the computer but of Windows).