WnSoft Forums

How to use Movie Factory 6

Ken Lyndon

I am a new boy! I have PTE v5 and am sucessfully making CD's of my AV's but I would also like to burn them on to DVD to show on the TV. I have just purchased Movie Factory 6 and cant' make head nor tail of how to get started, can someone help? I have a serial No/Purchase key and every time I put it in to the activation code it tells me its not valid. I have downloaded DVD MoviemakerFactory 6 plus and there must a dozen or so files, which one do I use with Pte. I have followed Igor's tutorial, all works well until I get to 2) all it says is we recommend you use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2, but how? (I assume v6 is just a latter version). HELP!

Hi Ken,

I wish I had an easy answer for you but nearly everyone today is using Video Builder, the $20 upgrade which makes creating DVD's as easy as pie. I would really suggest you upgrade and use it to burn your DVD's but of course that doesn't solve your problem with Ulead.

You need to contact Ulead and find out why your program isn't working. Once you get it working correctly you just open the program from the main icon. After you have created your PTE file you leave the program open and point ULEAD to the temporary AVI file template created by PTE. The rest varies depending on the individual version of Ulead Movie Factory used, but even if you get it working you will be miles ahead by spending the $20 and upgrading to PTE Deluxe with Video Builder. It's really "much" easier than doing it the other way.

Best regards,

Lin

Ken, not only is PTE's Videobuilder easier, I find it extremely faster than Ulead. I've been using MF 5 and have had many problems and slowdowns. Very slow to burn. Videobuilder however, is fast as a bullet by comparison. I might add, quality is superb.