WnSoft Forums

Presentation Pointer

mikkelrev

Since PTE uses industry standard keyboard commands any device which works with PowerPoint "should" work equally as well with PTE.

Lin

On the market are numerous combined laser-pointer and PowerPoint-remote-control devices. I am looking for one which works with both PowerPoint (which I have to use at work) and PTE which I use privately.

Mikkelrev,

Can you be more specific ?...

a)

Is this a Software Product or is it a Remote Hardware Product

that you are looking for ?

B)

Do you intend using it 'within' the finished PTE.Slideshow Exe ?

c)

If it's a Software, what Win.Operating-System are you using ?

Brian.Conflow.

Since PTE uses industry standard keyboard commands any device which works with PowerPoint "should" work equally as well with PTE.

Lin

For my pte presentations I tend to use left click for to move forward and right click to go backwards.

When viewing a PowerPoint presentation, a left mouse click moves forward without problem, but a right click brings up a drop down menu, NEXT is only one of several options.

Mikkelrev,

Can you be more specific ?...

a)

Is this a Software Product or is it a Remote Hardware Product

that you are looking for ?

B)

Do you intend using it 'within' the finished PTE.Slideshow Exe ?

c)

If it's a Software, what Win.Operating-System are you using ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to help.

I am looking for hardware something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kensington-Si600-W...r/dp/B000FPGP4U

but wonder how well they work with a finished presentation.

I set my shows so that a left click moves forward one slide and a right click moves one slide backward, but as PTE gives so may options for the response to mouse clicks, I wondered if there are any presentation tools that could be made to work with a program that allows such great creator flexibility.

Mikkelrev

I use this presenter : Targus AMP02EU Notebook Wireless Presenter which allows easy control of simple PTE shows where a right click moves forward and left moves backwards but this is configurable to suit your PTE settings. It's wireless and USB connected and also has a 'cursor' which is useful to activate software commands on screen. It also has a laser pointer which I find useful also.

It's inexpensive at around £25 and I can recommend it to you.

DEN (NE UK)

post-739-1209758313_thumb.jpg

Mikkelrev,

Yes,there are many 'Laser-Pointers' on the Market but the problem is:- Many users don't

know how to use them properly nor set-up their PC System properly. here are a few 'tips':-

a)

Things should be set-up so that any of the 12 PTE Commands are selectable with the Laser-Pointer.

B)

When you purchase the 'Pointer' do not allow Windows to provide 'Generic-Drivers' for it, always

install the Drivers that came with the Laser-Pointer.

c)

You must think of the 'Projector-Screen' as a fully functional 'Virtual-Desktop' and treat it as so.

The Laser Mouse-Cursor must remain on the 'Projector-Screen' at all times in the proper orientation.

You use the (virtual) Laser-Cursor shown on the Screen as if it were the actual Desktop Mouse-Cursor.

d)

The 'Show on the Projector Screen' must be the (primary) 'Windows Focus Object' which surplants

the Desktop completely. This means that the 'Laser-Mouse' can not inadvertently select anything

else should you accidentally run the Mouse 'Off-Screen'....that happens so often.

e)

Make your PTE-Show in 'Full Screen Mode' not in Windows-Mode, because in Windows-Mode should

you run the Mouse-Cursor into the Black-Border you can inadvertently select a Desktop item behind

the Black-Border.

f)

When you get the Show up and running always press 'ALT+F4 Keys' to make the PTE-Show the main

'Windows Focus Object'. When your Show ends you should see the active Open-Folder on the Screen.

Just click on the 'Close X'

g)

To test all the functionality of the Laser-Mouse, simply open your 'PC.Control Panel' select-->Mouse,

(double.clk)-->then select-->Hardware Tab and within the Window you should see your Laser Mouse.

You can set it up and test from there.

Apologies for the long instructions ~ but others are reading this also.

Brian.Conflow.

See the "Attachments"

post-1416-1209769093_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1209769112_thumb.jpg

Mikkelrev

I use this presenter : Targus AMP02EU Notebook Wireless Presenter which allows easy control of simple PTE shows where a right click moves forward and left moves backwards but this is configurable to suit your PTE settings. It's wireless and USB connected and also has a 'cursor' which is useful to activate software commands on screen. It also has a laser pointer which I find useful also.

It's inexpensive at around £25 and I can recommend it to you.

DEN (NE UK)

Thank for your help Den, it is very much appreciated.

Mikkelrev,

Yes,there are many 'Laser-Pointers' on the Market but the problem is:- Many users don't

know how to use them properly nor set-up their PC System properly. here are a few 'tips':-

a)

Things should be set-up so that any of the 12 PTE Commands are selectable with the Laser-Pointer.

B)

When you purchase the 'Pointer' do not allow Windows to provide 'Generic-Drivers' for it, always

install the Drivers that came with the Laser-Pointer.

c)

You must think of the 'Projector-Screen' as a fully functional 'Virtual-Desktop' and treat it as so.

The Laser Mouse-Cursor must remain on the 'Projector-Screen' at all times in the proper orientation.

You use the (virtual) Laser-Cursor shown on the Screen as if it were the actual Desktop Mouse-Cursor.

d)

The 'Show on the Projector Screen' must be the (primary) 'Windows Focus Object' which surplants

the Desktop completely. This means that the 'Laser-Mouse' can not inadvertently select anything

else should you accidentally run the Mouse 'Off-Screen'....that happens so often.

e)

Make your PTE-Show in 'Full Screen Mode' not in Windows-Mode, because in Windows-Mode should

you run the Mouse-Cursor into the Black-Border you can inadvertently select a Desktop item behind

the Black-Border.

f)

When you get the Show up and running always press 'ALT+F4 Keys' to make the PTE-Show the main

'Windows Focus Object'. When your Show ends you should see the active Open-Folder on the Screen.

Just click on the 'Close X'

g)

To test all the functionality of the Laser-Mouse, simply open your 'PC.Control Panel' select-->Mouse,

(double.clk)-->then select-->Hardware Tab and within the Window you should see your Laser Mouse.

You can set it up and test from there.

Apologies for the long instructions ~ but others are reading this also.

Brian.Conflow.

See the "Attachments"

Thank you Brian,

No apologies are needed for the length of your answer - quite the opposite - it is good not only to be forewarned of the potential problems but also to have the solutions to them, you have been a great help.