WnSoft Forums

Family History

jdearman

Hi Jim,

PTE can handle up to 2 gigabytes of total file size. The "number" of photos isn't an issue but the executable can't be larger than 2 gigabytes.

But for the sake of convenience it would seem logical to break up the family history into several segments. Even if you only alloted ten seconds per image, 2500 photos would take almost seven hours to watch. Most people won't set still for more than a couple hours at a time when watching a movie before they loose interest......

Best regards,

Lin

I am working on a pictorial family history. Currently, it contains around 2500 photos. Each is sized to 1024px X 867px. I would like to use PTE 5.1 with transitions and music. Can PTE handle this? :rolleyes:

Jim

Jim:

Following up on Lin's good advice....

A few years ago I re-created my family tree (1650 to date) using PTE.

I broke it into many segments and created a PTE .exe file for each segment.

Then using the OBJECT EDITOR (in ver 4.x that was the current version at the time) I set up the Family tree using inter-linked menu pages.

I recorded current family voices telling stories about their lives (those that were not too shy to do so), had copies of family letters, grave sites, newspaper articles, pictures of family heirlooms etc etc

I think it ended up being about 100 pte files, but it worked very well.

It would take many many hours to go through it all, and while I felt it was important to do, and was glad I did, I have to be honest and say not a whole lot of use is being made of it now. BUT DON"T LET THAT STOP YOU !!!