WnSoft Forums

Graphics Card Crash

I have a problem with PTE 5.1 as it crashes my graphics card after showing 6 or 7 slides. Also when a show is initated, the colour calibration of my monitor is taken out reverting to a very heavy blue cast. I am working with Windows XP home & my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. There is no problem when I run PTE 4.48. Can anyone out there put some ideas forward how to correct this problem?

Hi Dennis,

There have been several threads on this subject over the past twelve months or so but I'm damned if I can find any of them using the Search facility. The bottom line is: there is a known problem with some ATI Radeon graphics cards working in a colour calibrated system. Igor has raised the matter with ATI but as I recall the feedback, they seemed reluctant to do anything to correct things by reworking their drivers. Igor was planning to release a modified version of PTE that would work around the problem. As I wasn't directly affected I didn't follow the threads to their conclusions. No doubt someone with more knowledge or first-hand experience will chip in and provide more information.

Hi Dennis,

There have been several threads on this subject over the past twelve months or so but I'm damned if I can find any of them using the Search facility. The bottom line is: there is a known problem with some ATI Radeon graphics cards working in a colour calibrated system. Igor has raised the matter with ATI but as I recall the feedback, they seemed reluctant to do anything to correct things by reworking their drivers. Igor was planning to release a modified version of PTE that would work around the problem. As I wasn't directly affected I didn't follow the threads to their conclusions. No doubt someone with more knowledge or first-hand experience will chip in and provide more information.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply. Dennis