WnSoft Forums

Graphics Card Problems PTE v 5.1

Dear Igor, I was unable to use the help page as I could not read the security code block at the bottom of the page. Anyhow I am using Windows XP with a brand new graphics card ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. On initiation of a preview or a completed PTE show, my screen looses it's colour "Spyder" calibration & displays a strong blue cast, then after 6 or seven slides have been shown, the pictures either freeze or the graphics card crashes putting my LCD monitor on standby. The only way to get back is to reboot my PC. There are no problems with the early version of PTE 4.48.

Dear Igor, I was unable to use the help page as I could not read the security code block at the bottom of the page. Anyhow I am using Windows XP with a brand new graphics card ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. On initiation of a preview or a completed PTE show, my screen looses it's colour "Spyder" calibration & displays a strong blue cast, then after 6 or seven slides have been shown, the pictures either freeze or the graphics card crashes putting my LCD monitor on standby. The only way to get back is to reboot my PC. There are no problems with the early version of PTE 4.48.

As your card is brand new, could you return it to the store and get an Nvidia card instead, maybe a GeForce 7600 GT or better? The reason is that some ATI cards cause loss of the ICC profile attached to your monitor when running a 5.n PTE show. Nvidia cards do not exhibit this behavior.

The bug is in the ATI driver software and is well known, and a search of posts in this forum will find numerous references to this problem.

There are some work-arounds which might or might not work; personally I would change the card.

Colin