WnSoft Forums

Clipped Image

jimzipp

I've recently created my first program using v5.1. Looks just great on the computer. I'm sure there is a setting I'm missing and it's probably projector related and not the software but I'm at a bit of a loss right now.

New projector is a Canon LV-7365. 1024x768, 3000 lumens.

I have changed the resolution on my laptop to 1024x768

I have sized all images to either 1024x768 or 768x576

I've tried in both rgb and srgb if that matters

The problem is that the image does not fill the screen. The left part of the image is clipped and you can see that there is space where the image should be.

The setting choices are normal (supposed to fill the screen)

Wide Zoom I think - NO

Cimema - NO

Actual Size - This one is grayed out and I can't figure out why.

Anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Jim,

When you say: "The left part of the image is clipped and you can see that there is space where the image should be.", are you referring to the screen on which the image is being projected via your projector? If so, it sounds as though your projector's alignment may be a touch off. You will probably find you have some control capability via the in-built menu system of your projector to adjust the horizontal and vertical placement of your image.

There may be some other root cause but this adjustment could produce a quick circumvention for you.

You also mentioned RGB and sRGB. These are simply internationally recognised colour palettes (for want of an easy to understand term) and have no influence over the placement of your image (only on the shades of colour that you see).

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

It appears as though the left say, 75 pixels are not displaying and you can see the outline of the projector where the image should be. (sort of dimly light border on the left side only)

I didn't think the rgb/srgb thing should matter but the manual (if you can call it that) that came with the projector clearly says a couple of times that some things only work with rgb but I think they might just be referring to images rather than text or something... not sure.

I can move the image to the left but I'm still missing that portion of the image and as I do move it I create a "border" on the right side of the display. Possible there is something wrong but it fills the frame if I zoom or use cinema. I'll keep plugging away at it and hopefully figure it out. A friend ordered the exact same projector at the same time so I plan to try it on theirs to see if it's my unit or me... probably me!

I have worked my way through creating the program and am very happy with the features of Pix to EXE for sure!

Thanks again,

Jim

Well I figured it out. I had sized the images for the projector native resolution, I had set the laptop to the projectors native resolution. I set the projector to the normal native resolution. I missed one... in Pix to EXE the program on my laptop had defaulted I guess to a different one. Set that to 4:3 and all is well. Probably such a naive newbe thing it never occurred to anyone. Thanks for your time and help... hope this might help someone else down the line.