WnSoft Forums

Jumping Problem

Fernlea

I have a Nivida 6200 card and the pans were quite smooth for me. There was a very slight "bump" when the previous object finished its transition.

But nothing like what I see in another "gold" software that I won't mention :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have 4 gb of RAM

Hi David,

I've downloaded your sequence and when I run the exe file I, too, see some "jumps" in the animated images. From what I'm seeing, I'm fairly certain that you have some unwanted keyframes in the animated slides. However, to be sure of this I need to see your actual pte file. So, could you please do the following:

<snip>

Hello Peter,

I see from a post of yours in another thread that you are running Vista on your computer. Given the known problems with that OS, is it possible that despite your graphics card capability, Vista is causing the jumps you are seeing?

Colin

Tested your file on 3 different systems with the following results:

1. Win Xp SP2+

CPU Intel P4 2.27 GHz 8 kilobyte primary memory cache,

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache.

2048 Megabytes Installed Memory.

Nvidia GeForce FX5700 256 VRAM

VideoMode 1280 by 960 pixels, 75 Hertz.

DirectX 9.0c

Same results as Jim with his 6200.

There was a small bump when the previous object started and another when it finished its transition, still very watchable.

2. Vista SP1+

CPU Intel P4 3.40GHz

4096 Megabytes Installed Memory

nVidia GeForce 8400GT

VideoMode 1280 by 1040 px, 90Hz

DirectX 9.0c

More pronounced bumps than system 1. I would not distribute the show when I saw this level of performance.

3. Laptop Fujitsu Life-book

Win Xp SP2+

CPU Intel Pentium M 1.73 GHz 64 kilobyte primary memory cache,

2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache.

512 Megabytes Installed Memory.

ATI Mobility Radeon X300 64 VRAM

VideoMode 1280 by 800 pixels, 60 Hertz.

DirectX 9.0c

Performance was somewhere between 1 and 2, closer to 1, still acceptable, just.

From this I would say the issue is a mixture of the quality of the graphics card and high level of PZR effects combined with the operating system used, XP/Vista.

Which operating system are you using David?

Hello Peter,

I see from a post of yours in another thread that you are running Vista on your computer. Given the known problems with that OS, is it possible that despite your graphics card capability, Vista is causing the jumps you are seeing?

Colin

Good morning. I would like to thank everyone for kind help.In view of what Peter and Colin have said I shall start over again and resize my images down The only reason for the 3008x2000 pixels images is that is what my camera produces.

John. I'm using XP SP2 and think that you have summed it up correctly that it is a mix of equipment and the way I have been doing thing.

Kind Regards David

THE first slide 002 jpg has a slightly bump start but then things level out

then i copy/pasted it to the end and it had same bump in the additional position

maybe a bit big -- have you tried resizing it

my system xp home 2.8ghz 1 gb ram

ati allinwonder 256 ram

ken

Good morning. I would like to thank everyone for kind help.In view of what Peter and Colin have said I shall start over again and resize my images down The only reason for the 3008x2000 pixels images is that is what my camera produces.

John. I'm using XP SP2 and think that you have summed it up correctly that it is a mix of equipment and the way I have been doing thing.

Kind Regards David

Hi Ken Yes I have resized the images, I still get the jump but reduced

regards

David