WnSoft Forums

Creating AVI file

DebL

I have a slideshow and am trying to be able to make a DVD. The slideshow works great in the preview and as an exe. However, when I go to create the avi file the text and images are cut right across the middle. The upper half shows and the bottom half of every slide is black.

I read and followed the "preparing of avi file in P2Exe that is pinned at the top of the forum. Still doesn't work. Anyone know why this is happening?

Hi Debi,

What are you using to make your DVD's? I'm assuming you are not using Video Builder because there is no need to make an AVI file first. If you are using Video Builder, just choose to burn a DVD right from your PTE show. That is, drag and drop the PTE file into the bottom window on the Video Builder screen and everything should work perfectly.

Are you by any chance using the older version of PTE (4.x)? If so you can upgrade to 5.5 for no cost and you can purchase the Video Builder part separately which makes your version PTE 5.5 Deluxe.

Best regards,

Lin

I have a slideshow and am trying to be able to make a DVD. The slideshow works great in the preview and as an exe. However, when I go to create the avi file the text and images are cut right across the middle. The upper half shows and the bottom half of every slide is black.

I read and followed the "preparing of avi file in P2Exe that is pinned at the top of the forum. Still doesn't work. Anyone know why this is happening?

Actually, I tried using video builder... I get the half screen there as well...

I tried creating the avi file and using nero, we got it to work one time, but I have 4 slideshows to burn to dvd, and I can't get it to work either way. I get the half screen no matter what I do... I am BEYOND frustrated!

Hi Debi,

Would you do the following:

Go to "Start" - "Run" and type in : dxdiag and press ENTER. After the diagnostic is run, please do a screen copy of the "System" and "Display" tabs and post it for us to see.

Also, if you don't have version 5.5 of PTE, please download and install the latest version. It sounds like you may have a problem with an integrated Intel chipset for video. The latest version of PTE 5.5 has a built-in work around for the Intel chipset issue and "should" work fine but if you are using version 5.1 of PTE you won't have this. Either way, the problem isn't with PTE but with something in the hardware chaiin. The fact that the executable and AVI work fine mean that something else is causing the problem and the diagnostic reports will help unravel the problem. It "could" be as easy as downloading and installing the latest drivers for your video card.

Best regards,

Lin

Actually, I tried using video builder... I get the half screen there as well...

I tried creating the avi file and using nero, we got it to work one time, but I have 4 slideshows to burn to dvd, and I can't get it to work either way. I get the half screen no matter what I do... I am BEYOND frustrated!