WnSoft Forums

New Tutorial Posted

Lin Evans

Hi folks,

A couple of you have emailed me asking about how I created the reflection frames using Xara Xtreme 4 for the demo slideshow posted here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8414

I'm not an expert user of Xara Xtreme 4, but recently downloaded the 30 day demo and will eventually purchase the program. Xara Xtreme 4 is a fantastic program with many incredible features. Some advanced Xara Xtreme 4 user was nice enough to provide a template which allows one to simply open the template in Xara, drag and drop images to the framed samples, select all and export the finished product. That's how I created the framed images for my slideshow demo above.

Over in the Tutorials and Articles section I've added two more links to my PTE Made Easy - PTE for Smarties post which is pinned at the top. Anyone interested can download the zipped AVI tutorial (about 16 meg) and the Xara template file which I have linked. Just open the template in Xara Xtreme 4, drag and drop your favorite images onto the main frame, reflection of main frame, secondary frame and reflection of secondary frame then select all and export as either a true color PNG with Alpha channel or as a jpg. The AVI explains it all and it's very, very simple to do. If you like the effect and want to dress up one of your PTE slideshows just download the 30 day Xara Xtreme 4 demo and have a go. If you already have the program then this is probably old-hat for you. Here's a convenience link to the Forum Tutorials and Articles page where you can download:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7901

Best regards,

Lin

Sleep? That's for wimps and old men, I haven't quite reached my 7th decade yet, still a "spring chicken". - LOL. My daughter just "celebrated" her 40th birthday yesterday and she thinks she's old! I keep telling her that she's not getting older, just getting "better". Of course my wife reminds me every day that I'm slowing down. Well compared to a tortise I'm a veritable speed demon - HA!

Happy father's day to all fathers both young and to old codgers like me!!

Lin

YOU CAN GO TO BED NOW :)

is that our father's day gift? :)

thks

ken