WnSoft Forums

using 3 different songs in slideshow

Okay, I'm trying to create a slideshow for a wedding reception. It has 3 sections: pics of the bride, pics of the groom, and pics of them as a couple. Each section has 43 slides that I want to display for 4 seconds each and I want each section to have its own song. Can anyone tell me how I can sync each section to its music? The music for each section should only last 2m52s and then fade into the next song. Does that make sense? Can anyone help me!

Thanks!!!

You need to use something like AUDACITY (free download) or AUDITION which will allow you to assemble the three tracks, cut to the correct length and blended together into one track.

Save as a single MP3 and add to your project.

Adjust each set of 43 to its section of music in the TIMELINE. I haven't checked your maths - I assume that 43 x 4 is 2m 52s?

Alternatively you can create your three 2m 52s tracks with fades using AUDACITY again and add all three tracks, but the collective wisdom at this forum is that you should use just one track.

DaveG

You need to use something like AUDACITY (free download) or AUDITION which will allow you to assemble the three tracks, cut to the correct length and blended together into one track.

Save as a single MP3 and add to your project.

Adjust each set of 43 to its section of music in the TIMELINE. I haven't checked your maths - I assume that 43 x 4 is 2m 52s?

Alternatively you can create your three 2m 52s tracks with fades using AUDACITY again and add all three tracks, but the collective wisdom at this forum is that you should use just one track.

DaveG

Thanks! I'll go check out AUDACITY.

Okay, I've downloaded Audacity and opened my first song. I'm a tad bit overwhelmed (and stressed as wedding is this weekend and I've been asked to create this on short notice).

Anyone familiar with this program enough to give me a quick rundown on shortening my 3 songs to 2m52 with a fade at the end and then combing all three edits into one track. Sorry to be a PITA. I'm no AV guru, I just sometimes make my own slideshows of my daughter with a simple song. After seeing one my aunt asked if I could make one for my cousin's wedding. I had no idea it got so complicated when adding different songs.

Thanks!

Hi,

By all means, download and read the manual as Ken suggests.

What you want to do is extremely easy to accomplish. I'm assuming you also downloaded and installed the LAME encoder for MP3 as instructed on the Audacity download site. This allows you to export your work as MP3's.

You begin by opening Audacity then click on "File" "Open" then navigate to your MP3 selection and load it into Audacity. Once it's loaded you will see two waveforms one over the other representing left and right channels.

Above the waveforms are numbers representing seconds and fractions of seconds. Use the horizontal scroll bar to go to the exact time you want to end the song and click the left mouse with your cursor down into the blue/gray area below the numbers and a vertical line will appear at that point.

Place your mouse cursor on that vertical line, left click and hold and drag to the right to select the area to be removed. The area will be highlighted in blue. Once you have it selected release the left mouse button.

Press the keyboard "Delete" key and that portion will be deleted.

Find a point in time on the waveform about 8 seconds before the end of the song and again select as you did in the earlier instruction when you deleted. Select the last eight seconds then left click on "Effects" and choose "Fade Out". The effect is "cumulative" so you may want to listen to what you have done and if necessary repeat to get greater fade out.

Finally, choose "File" "Export" and select an MP3 as the type. Choose a folder and export using a "DIFFERENT" name so you don't affect the original song.

Do this with all three selections.

Next open the first and second altered selections in that order. Pay attention to their filenames. Select the entire second song and do an "Edit" "Copy" then do "File" "Close"

Go to the end of the first song, left click to get your vertical bar at the end of the selection then do "Edit" "Paste" and this will place the second song at the end of the first song. Save this new two song selection under a different name and open the newly altered selection having song one and two the open song three. Select song three, do and "Edit" "Copy" then do another "File" "Close" and you will still have the two song selection on your screen. Do and "Edit" "Paste" to the end of the song and export the final three song MP3 under a new name.

That's all there is to it.

There are "easier" ways but I don't want to confuse you right now. This will give you your needed results in about 5 minutes.

Best regards,

Lin

Okay, I've downloaded Audacity and opened my first song. I'm a tad bit overwhelmed (and stressed as wedding is this weekend and I've been asked to create this on short notice).

Anyone familiar with this program enough to give me a quick rundown on shortening my 3 songs to 2m52 with a fade at the end and then combing all three edits into one track. Sorry to be a PITA. I'm no AV guru, I just sometimes make my own slideshows of my daughter with a simple song. After seeing one my aunt asked if I could make one for my cousin's wedding. I had no idea it got so complicated when adding different songs.

Thanks!

That would be the "easiest" way to do it. PTE Standard can output AVI and it's possible to use the specialized output then use compatible software such as Ulead Movie Factory to burn a DVD, but it's ever so much easier and faster in PTE Deluxe. PTE Deluxe has Video Builder and uses hardware rendering to do this up to 400% faster than other products. You have complete control over menu creation, you can use your own photos for backgrounds, create multiple chapters, have up to 99 menu selections per DVD and it just works very, very well. I would strongly suggest not spending a lot of unnecessary time mucking about with trying to use two products to do a job which the Deluxe version does so easily and directly.

Best regards,

Lin

So I have to upgrade to the Deluxe edition in order to make a DVD of it?

I would differ with Lin on just one point:

When saving the intermediate audio files with fades I would save as WAV and not MP3. The compression applied to MP3 files is cumulative in audio just as it is with JPEG in image files.

I would bring the three uncompressed WAV files back in to the AUDACITY project to create the composite - hence only compressing once.

DaveG

I also like to keep my audio files as WAV until I have finished manipulation then converting to MP3 for the final use.

The same principal as working in RAW or PSD and converting the final image to JPEG for use in the slideshow.