WnSoft Forums

Converting WAV to MP3

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have downloaded a couple of sound effects from the first link in this thread, the first I didn't specify the format and it appeared as a wav file which will open in audacity and WMP, I tried again and specified MP3 and still got a wav file, Q can anyone tell me how to convert this to add to an existing PTE show.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1
I have downloaded a couple of sound effects from the first link in this thread, the first I didn't specify the format and it appeared as a wav file which will open in audacity and WMP, I tried again and specified MP3 and still got a wav file, Q can anyone tell me how to convert this to add to an existing PTE show.

Yachtsman1.

Just engaged brain before putting mouth in gear, tried adding the effect as received, result it works fine.

yachtsman1

PTE accepts sound files in WAV format but they are much larger in size than an equivalent MP3 file (typically about 10 times larger). If you want to convert them to MP3 the simplest way, in terms of a tool that will also serve you well in other aspects of soundtrack creation, is to use Audacity as suggested by Lin.