WnSoft Forums

Slideshows, best program?

Cparkinson

hello everyone,

Since we are on the topic of slideshows here, has anyone used software called "slideshow pro"? I think it is called Slideshow Pro and Slideshow Director, here is the site: slideshow I think it is for Flash or Literoom, but I do not know how it may compare to this program-----PicturesToExe-----any ideas?

I just want an easy to use program to add to a friend's site, his gallery is a very ugly thing right now! Thanks.

web hosting canada

Hi,

It's like comparing cabbage and oranges - totally different programs for totally different purposes.

PTE is designed primarily for display of the still photo in ultimate quallity. It allows animations of still photos with pan, zoom, rotate, precise synchronization with music down to the thousandth of a second and output equal to input resolution for a Windows executable slideshow. PTE also allows creation of AVI, MPEG or DVD shows which degrade image quality to the necessary resolution of the display device but It doesn't deal with video or web shows unless you convert to Flash or such.

Slideshow Pro is primarily a video display software which also allows still images to be displayed. The emphasis is on web use and resolutions and image quality are significantly degraded accordingly.

You must decide whether or not being able to display video over the web is important. If so, then look at Proshow Gold, Proshow Producer, Memories on TV Pro, Slideshow Pro or a host of other software which are essentially software rendered and produce primarily video. Even though some of these programs "can" produce executable code, the image quality isn't close to the hardware rendered executable shows of PFT which display the completed shows with the same quality as the images used to create these shows.

They are simply different products for different purposes.

Best regards,

LIn

hello everyone,

Since we are on the topic of slideshows here, has anyone used software called "slideshow pro"? I think it is called Slideshow Pro and Slideshow Director, here is the site: slideshow I think it is for Flash or Literoom, but I do not know how it may compare to this program-----PicturesToExe-----any ideas?

I just want an easy to use program to add to a friend's site, his gallery is a very ugly thing right now! Thanks.

web hosting canada

We have seen so many other programs compared to Pictures to Exe over the years and we have always concluded that PTE out-performs them all. When a program such as PTE is available at such a reasonable price, I recommend taking the time to learn it - you will be hooked within a day!

Ron