WnSoft Forums

Moving Folder After Creating PTE Show

walusa

For convenience, on the Desktop I created a narrated slideshow using 50 pictures in one folder and 50 sound clips in another. All went well after the sound clips were merged and a EXE file was created. However, I would like to move the two folders and the PTE file to a separate folder off the Desktop. Unfortunately, PTE will not run after moving the folders. I get an error staing it cannot find the files. I need to keep the slideshow to edit it in the future. How can I move the folders off the Desktop without having to re-create the slideshow? Would greatly apprciate your help.

Hello walusa,

If you move the media and the PTE file to the same directory, PTE will find what it needs when opening the project file. When saving the project the paths inside the project file will be updated.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hello walusa,

If you move the media and the PTE file to the same directory, PTE will find what it needs when opening the project file. When saving the project the paths inside the project file will be updated.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Thanks for your respose Xaver. Perhaps I am still missing something. This is what I have done: Made a new folder on Desktop. Drag folder containing picture files into it. Likewise the folder with the audio files. Finally, dragged the PTE shortcut icon into the folder. Thus, everything is in the same folder, which I assume means the same directory. If I now double click the PTE icon, I get the error message that the files can not be found. Thus, I cannot start the slideshow. If I drag everything back out to the desktop, everything works as before. It seems like once PTE sets up original paths to pictures and audio, they can't be easily changed. Am I missing something?

Walusa

Tampa, Florida

the pte proper should be in the folder -- so first thing is to find where it is -- not the s/c

then start the pict to exe program

and direct it to open the pte that is in the folder

save the new pte with a new name.

shut down the program then double click the new pte

report results

ken

the pte proper should be in the folder -- so first thing is to find where it is -- not the s/c

then start the pict to exe program

and direct it to open the pte that is in the folder

save the new pte with a new name.

shut down the program then double click the new pte

report results

ken

Thanks Ken. I put two and two together given what both you and Xaver explained. Here is what worked: I dragged the PTE desktop icon into the same folder that contains the pictures. I then tested it to be sure it would still start the slideshow. I then dragged that folder and the audio folder into a separate folder. I went into the picture folder, started PTE using the icon stored there and saved it with a different name to the folder created to hold both picture and audio folders. Now I have a separate PTE icon that I can see outside the two folders containing all the files. I can now move the slideshow off the Desktop to a safe place. To clean things up, I went into the picture folder and deleted the PTE icon stored there since it is not needed and will insure that I will not be using two different icons to edit the slideshow in the future.

Many thanks to you both for steering me in the right direction.

Walusa

Tampa, Florida

Hello walusa,

Sorry that my explanation was not as clear as it should have been! Here is another try:

1. Save your show, and PicturesToExe generates something like "YourShow.pte"

2. Close PicturesToExe

3. Move all media and YourShow.pte (not a shortcut, as Ken pointed out) to the same folder.

4. Open YourShow.pte (double-click) in its new location, and save it again. It will be updated.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich