WnSoft Forums

Functionality problems

Vesa K

I have just started using PTE 5.5 It works fine except when I open the full-screen view of thumbnails and try to change the order and/or the size of the thumbnails. After that I get error messages ("acess violation ... " etc.), and I have to close the application and start again. When I do the editing on the timeline, these problmes do not emerge. - If this is the normal behavior of the program, I wonder why they seem to offer an option that does not wotk.

Hi Vesa K,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure our collective wisdom will help you get this problem sorted. I've been using PTEv5.5 for several months and have not come across the problem that you report; nor have I seen mention of it on the forum before. Let's start by eliminating some possible but unlikely aspects:

It's possible that the copy you have is corrupted in some way, so:

- From which website did you download the software and on what date and at what approximate time?

- Have you received your product key from WnSoft and installed it?

- Have you tried a fresh download from WnSoft's website (www.wnsoft.com)?

Next, let's make sure your PC has enough resources:

- What processor(s) does your PC have?

- How much main memory (RAM)?

- What graphics card or graphics chipset is installed?

Finally, for now:

- Could you please provide the complete text of the error message that you are getting?

regards,

Peter

Hi Vesa K,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure our collective wisdom will help you get this problem sorted. I've been using PTEv5.5 for several months and have not come across the problem that you report; nor have I seen mention of it on the forum before. Let's start by eliminating some possible but unlikely aspects:

It's possible that the copy you have is corrupted in some way, so:

- From which website did you download the software and on what date and at what approximate time?

- Have you received your product key from WnSoft and installed it?

- Have you tried a fresh download from WnSoft's website (www.wnsoft.com)?

Next, let's make sure your PC has enough resources:

- What processor(s) does your PC have?

- How much main memory (RAM)?

- What graphics card or graphics chipset is installed?

Finally, for now:

- Could you please provide the complete text of the error message that you are getting?

regards,

Peter

--

Thanks,

I downloaded the software from the WNSoft website yesterday (7.8.). I can´t remember the time of the day. I have got my product key from WNsoft and registered the product according to their instructions. I have not tried a new upload.

The processor is AMD Athlon 64. There is 1 GB of RAM. The graphics card is ATI Radeon 700 SE.

I did not write down the error messages, so at the present time I am not able to send them, but if I come across them again i try to do that.

regards,

Vesa

Vesa,

Your PC should be OK unless you are running Vista as your operating system - in which case it would benefit from additional RAM. Vista is "memory hungry" and 2GB of RAM should be regarded as the minimum to avoid memory bottlenecks. Some ATI Radeon cards have problems handling some aspects of PTEv5.5 animations. I have no relevant experience to draw upon but I'm sure others on the forum will offer their thoughts on the graphics card.

From the sound of things the problem has not recurred. So, perhaps it was a "one-off" glitch. I suggest you monitor the situation for, say, a week of regular usage. If the problem does not reappear then let us know via a reply to this thread - so we can all relax! Of course, if it does reappear, then get the full details of the error message and report back.

regards,

Peter

Vesa,

Please let me know some important details concerning this problem:

1. Did you opened fullscreen view for Slide list or File list? I'm guessing you were working in fullscreen view of Slide list if you've re-arranged images.

2. Can you always reproduce this problem?

3. Does it happens with all projects of slideshows, or only with particular?

I have just started using PTE 5.5 It works fine except when I open the full-screen view of thumbnails and try to change the order and/or the size of the thumbnails. After that I get error messages ("acess violation ... " etc.), and I have to close the application and start again. When I do the editing on the timeline, these problmes do not emerge. - If this is the normal behavior of the program, I wonder why they seem to offer an option that does not wotk.

What's confusing here is you said you opened the "full-screen view of thumbnails." I see either the "Fullscreen View of File Panel" or "Fullscreen View of Slide List". And there is the "File Panel as Thumbnail" and "Slide List as Thumbnail," but not what you point out as a menu item.

Only the menu choices with "....Slide List..." in them will allow you to change the order of the slides. Both worked for me with no error messages.

The menu choices with"...Thumbnail...", only change the filenames to actual thumbnails for only viewing, not changing the order.

So I am not sure which menu item you actually were trying but it seems to be just a one-time occurance. I too have on rare occasion received an obscure error message that I just attribute to the moon being in the wrong phase...

Let us know if it happens again with more information.... Gary

PS Let me know if my analysis above in incorrect.

Vesa,

Please let me know some important details concerning this problem:

1. Did you opened fullscreen view for Slide list or File list? I'm guessing you were working in fullscreen view of Slide list if you've re-arranged images.

2. Can you always reproduce this problem?

3. Does it happens with all projects of slideshows, or only with particular?

--

Hi,

There seems to be confusion as to what I mean, so I try to explain: There is a small icon at the end of the timeline view of slide thumbnails: By pressing that I get a full-screen view of the slide list. When I resize the thumbnails in that view using the slider and then close and go to the normal view, I get the following kinds of error messages:

- Canvas does not allow drawing

- option EAssertion failed in module apr.exe at 15A28

- Acess violation at address 004DAA72 in module apr.exe. Write an address.

- Assertion failure (D:\D_Common\Wn)

I have not tried this with more than one project. The problem has not emerged absolutely every time, but today morning it happened again (has happeded several times).

I have copies of my image files also on another hard drive (D) but have been using those on drive C as the source files.

Vesa

--

Hi,

There seems to be confusion as to what I mean, so I try to explain: There is a small icon at the end of the timeline view of slide thumbnails: By pressing that I get a full-screen view of the slide list. When I resize the thumbnails in that view using the slider and then close and go to the normal view, I get the following kinds of error messages:

- Canvas does not allow drawing

- option EAssertion failed in module apr.exe at 15A28

- Acess violation at address 004DAA72 in module apr.exe. Write an address.

- Assertion failure (D:\D_Common\Wn)

I have not tried this with more than one project. The problem has not emerged absolutely every time, but today morning it happened again (has happeded several times).

I have copies of my image files also on another hard drive (D) but have been using those on drive C as the source files.

Vesa

Now I understand. You are in the Timeline. I tried your steps but it did not cause any problem. Hopefully, someone will come up with a solution. But thanks for the tip. I had never tried that method of editing/viewing the slide sequence!!!

Gary