WnSoft Forums

Is it possible to merge two PTE project

1colibri

Yes and no. You can combine the slides and animations, etc., but not the sound. The way you approach this is first decide which PTE show you want to add to the other and open that show. Go to the main slide list and select the slide or slides you wish to add to another show then right click and choose "copy".

Next do not exit from the program but rather click on "file open" and open the show you wish to add to. Go to the main slide list and right click then "paste" and the two shows will be combined with the exception of the audio which you will have to do manually.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello,

I would like to Know if someone could tel me if we can merge two separates PTE project ?

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to Know if someone could tel me if we can merge two separates PTE project ?

Thanks

Lin's way is one way. And it depends on what you mean by "merge". Another way to "merge" 2 PTE shows is to play one right after the other. By going to Project Options and then choose Run Application After Last Slide (pointing to the second show) will effectively "merge" the two into "one".

I am sure Lin can be clearer on this process but see if this does what you want. Then each show keeps its own timing and music that you have already set up.

I just tried it. However, this time I got a bit of a delay before the second show started. Not sure why because I am pretty sure in the past when I tried it, it did not have this delay showing the computer's screen just before the second show started. Maybe Lin know how to get around this delay...if possible????

Hope this helps.. Gary

Gary,

Have you changed your operating system from Windows XP to Windows Vista? The delay showing the computer's desktop is a "feature" of using PTE v5.5 under Vista. I'm not aware that it also affects Windows XP machine. I'd be grateful if you could please clarify for me.

regards,

Peter

Gary,

Have you changed your operating system from Windows XP to Windows Vista? The delay showing the computer's desktop is a "feature" of using PTE v5.5 under Vista. I'm not aware that it also affects Windows XP machine. I'd be grateful if you could please clarify for me.

regards,

Peter

Peter... No, I am still using my Windows XP. Maybe it is some setting I have that I need to change. But I can't seem to find any thing to change to get rid of the very short view of the Desktop.

Gary

Gary,

For some users it seems that doing right-click on the Taskbar, then selecting Properties and unticking "Keep taskbar on top of other windows" resolves the problem some of the time.

It doesn't seem to be a consistent solution for me on Vista but it might help you on XP. Worth a go?

regards,

Peter

Gary,

For some users it seems that doing right-click on the Taskbar, then selecting Properties and unticking "Keep taskbar on top of other windows" resolves the problem some of the time.

It doesn't seem to be a consistent solution for me on Vista but it might help you on XP. Worth a go?

regards,

Peter

Peter... I took a look at that but it is not just the Taskbar that shows but the entire Desktop. And it did not change anything.

Gary