WnSoft Forums

Looking for Photo slide show with special requirements

Walker

First, I have been googling for about a month now and tried out some trial programs. Free and purchase ones.

I want a program that I can put my pics into say 10 folders of about 35 - 40 pics and store on the HDD and have 10 mp3 songs burned to my HDD for each folder.

I want to do it this way so that I don't have to sort through pics off thumbnails, time lines etc. to pick the beginning of the show and fade out end of the beginning and then on to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th to the final 10th with a blank pic which would have a trimmed MP3...mpk file to use for the brief credits etc.

I would need the app to do MP3 trimming, as I don't want to have to mess around with several apps to get the job done.

Then I would like audio fade Sync.

Audio "Normalization" so that the sound is the same throughout.

A fluid slide show from start to end without Menus b/c I have the pics sorted into 10 folders. I simply did that for ease of choosing the pics and the length and choice of the song for each grouping of pics.

I only want One Intro (menu) at the beginning so that I don't have to click the DVD stand alone remote for the 9 other pics and music. I simply want 1 whole flowing slide show.

Random transitions.

I was thinking about 5 sec per pic and 1 sec for transition.

I would appreciate it if I could get experienced comments from respected users.

Also I would like to know if this application can do this, is this an Active forum as I have tried out some programs and there is little participation in the Forums or any real help.

Forgot to say that my OS is xpsp2 and that I want to burn DVD to watch on Stand Alone DVD player

I thank you for your time and look forward to replies. :) ( I want to do this as a hobby and not spend my time reading the manual as a hobby !! ;) Thx again.

Hi Walker,

I've added my replies in the quote of your post below.

regards,

Peter

First, I have been googling for about a month now and tried out some trial programs. Free and purchase ones.

I want a program that I can put my pics into say 10 folders of about 35 - 40 pics and store on the HDD and have 10 mp3 songs burned to my HDD for each folder.

How you choose to store your data on your hard drive is your choice. PTE doesn't force you into any particular organisation.

I want to do it this way so that I don't have to sort through pics off thumbnails, time lines etc. to pick the beginning of the show and fade out end of the beginning and then on to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th to the final 10th with a blank pic which would have a trimmed MP3...mpk file to use for the brief credits etc.

I would need the app to do MP3 trimming, as I don't want to have to mess around with several apps to get the job done.

I presume you are happy to prepare your pictures using some sort of photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop) so why do you want the AV software to do everything else. You are already using multiple software products, aren't you?

Then I would like audio fade Sync.

PTE does not have any sound editing capability. Many users of this forum make use of a free sound editor called Audacity. You can find this product here: http://audacity.soundforge.net/ and a useful User Guide here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7979

Audio "Normalization" so that the sound is the same throughout.

See previous comment

A fluid slide show from start to end without Menus b/c I have the pics sorted into 10 folders. I simply did that for ease of choosing the pics and the length and choice of the song for each grouping of pics.

I only want One Intro (menu) at the beginning so that I don't have to click the DVD stand alone remote for the 9 other pics and music. I simply want 1 whole flowing slide show.

This is your choice. PTE doesn't force anything on you. If you build it as one sequence it will flow as one sequence.

Random transitions.

This is PTE's default.

I was thinking about 5 sec per pic and 1 sec for transition.

You set your choice through Project Options...Main (for the slide duration) and Project Options...Effects (for the transition duration.)

I would appreciate it if I could get experienced comments from respected users.

Also I would like to know if this application can do this, is this an Active forum as I have tried out some programs and there is little participation in the Forums or any real help.

Oh yes! This is a very active forum, with several members willing to give their advice on all aspects of PTE and AV work generally.

Forgot to say that my OS is xpsp2 and that I want to burn DVD to watch on Stand Alone DVD player

I thank you for your time and look forward to replies. :) ( I want to do this as a hobby and not spend my time reading the manual as a hobby !! ;) Thx again.

If you want to get the most out of this product, time spent reading the manual will be time well spent.