WnSoft Forums

How to extract an image from a video file for PTE?

goddi

Greetings,

I would like to extract an image from some of my video files that I have made. I'd like to get them into a PTE show. I have converted a lot of my analog tapes into digital 'video_ts.ifo' files. Some are AVI files.

I'd like to be able to do something like a 'print screen' while they are playing to capture an image, but as good a quality as possible. I realize the quality will not be great but I'd use them as smaller sized images in the PTE program.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks... Gary

Hi Gary,

There are several ways to proceed. You can do it by screen capture as Ken shows or you can decompile the video into individual frames. To decompile you need a video decompiler which will extract each individual frame from which you can choose then toss the rest out.

There are some good, free video decompilers available. Here's a link to the one I use:

http://softdepo.com/video_decompiler.htm

Lin

Hi Gary,

There are several ways to proceed. You can do it by screen capture as Ken shows or you can decompile the video into individual frames. To decompile you need a video decompiler which will extract each individual frame from which you can choose then toss the rest out.

There are some good, free video decompilers available. Here's a link to the one I use:

http://softdepo.com/video_decompiler.htm

Lin

===========================

Thanks... But they work on AVIs, but not on 'movie' type files, which are almost all of what I would use it on. Not sure the technical term but my files are the ones that are played when you run the 'video_ts.ifo' file. I guess they are regular DVD file types.

Anyway... I discovered that I have a program, InterVideo Win DVD4, that has a capture button. So this is working fine, except the quality is pretty bad. It saves the files as a BMP and I resave it as a JPG. Not good but it is the best I have found so far.

I tried the Softdepo decompiler on an AVI file but its quality was similar to the InterVideo program.

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

The Utility 'MultiExtractor' would do your job ~ this appeared on the Forum August 4th onwards and

it developed into a full blown discussion to which you had a number of Postings there in.

Link: http://www.multiextractor.com

Hope this helps.

Brian.Conflow.

Gary,

The Utility 'MultiExtractor' would do your job ~ this appeared on the Forum August 4th onwards and

it developed into a full blown discussion to which you had a number of Postings there in.

Link: http://www.multiextractor.com

Hope this helps.

Brian.Conflow.

====================

Brian... No, I don't think so. I have purchased the program. But it will not let me capture an image off of a video file. I tried it on an AVI and it just gave me the entire file as the output. Also, I want to capture images off of my personal movies I have made that are played using the 'video_ts.ifo' file but it does not recognize the file.

Am I missing something here??? Maybe I am not using the program correctly. Let me know...please.

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

The real problem here seems to be your Personal Movies using 'video_ts.ifo Files' I now appreciate

what you are trying to do...its a real 'bummer' for lots of reasons.

Here below is a 'Google Search' on that subject and I see others have tried this ~ give it a Search.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1220011134_thumb.jpg