WnSoft Forums

Dissapearing transitions

applephoto

please explain further "the transitions disappear"

have you tried shutting down the program

when did this first start

ken

The original exe files included random slide transition, wipes, fades etc, after running the exe several times the wipes and fades dissapeared leaving the images to just change from one to the next.

Thanks, Andrew.

Andrew,

If you remove the setting Slide Transition Random .. do your transistions reappear as you expect ?

Hint :

Your expected O&A transition timing may be overlapped by the normal Slide Transitions need to achieve its timing function.

You may need to move your expected O&A transition further into the timeline ( not within the area at the beginning of the slide where the normal slide transistion will hide it)

Andrew,

The fact that your sequence runs OK on both a desktop and on a laptop and under XP Pro and Vista for at least a couple of times suggests to me that the problem lies outside of the PTE sequence itself - but possibly still inside the PTE code. By which I mean; I don't know of any settings that you could have made which would work OK for a couple of times - and then go screwy!

It has a feel to me of some aspect of memory being used by the program - but not being properly reset at the start of each run; so that, over time, the area of memory becomes corrupted and from that point on things go haywire. I'm inferring from your posts above that the problem occurs on the laptop which is running XP Pro.

I run my systems under Vista so cannot even offer to help isolate the problem as I am again inferring that you don't have this problem on your Vista-powered desktop system. Or am I wrong?

regards,

Peter

Andrew,

Totally off-topic: I wonder if we're related?

regards,

Peter

Peter, I was wondering that. My great grandfather was a vet with a dairy in the dales in the late 1800s. My cousin has been researching the family history.

I think I have solved the problem, it appears to be the laptop, I suspect it is low on resources and therefore is unable to run the transitions. I tried running the exe files on my desktop and they ran fine.

Thanks for everyones help, time for a new laptop I think.

Guest Yachtsman1

Before you replace your laptop have a look at http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/memoryscanner.asp they will scan your ram and tell you if it can be upgraded, supply the chip at a fraction of the price, between £12 & £20, done both of mine, a Sony and a Samsung. It's relatively easy to do. Result nearly as good as a heart transplant.

Yachtsman1

Before you replace your laptop have a look at http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/memoryscanner.asp they will scan your ram and tell you if it can be upgraded, supply the chip at a fraction of the price, between £12 & £20, done both of mine, a Sony and a Samsung. It's relatively easy to do. Result nearly as good as a heart transplant.

Yachtsman1

Thanks for that, looks a useful tool.