WnSoft Forums

Moving my music

barneyrubble

Download a copy of Audactity a free sound editor and add 10 seconds of silence to the beginning of the track.

Make sure you also download a file called lame at the same time you download Audacity, which will be essential to enable you to export an Mp3 file from the software.

Get Audacity here

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Get Lame from here

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...p;item=lame-mp3

Install Audacity and when you export your first Mp3 file you will be asked for the lame_enc.dll file. locate it once and it will be installed for you.

So you cant move the music along in this program ? In windows movie maker you can

No, you can't. A workaround is given by organizing the whole audio part of your show (in a non-destructive way) as an Audacity project which accompanies the production of the PTE show. I Audacity you can do what you like (shifting audio clips, volume control, mixing of tracks,...), in particular if you use the latest version (1.3.5 (Beta), but 1.2.6 also works fine). At any time you can export the actual project as an mp3-file and use this as the background music within PTE. So, Audacity may work as a kind of audio plug in for PTE.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

Guest Yachtsman1
So you cant move the music along in this program ? In windows movie maker you can

Hi Barny

The easy way is to either create a black slide time it for 10 seconds, put it as the first slide in your show then add your music to the second slide. Or remove the music from the first picture slide and add it to your second slide.

Yachtsman1 ;)

Guest Yachtsman1
hi yachtsman,

thanks i tried doing that but what happenned as soon as slide 2 transtioned to slide 3 the music cut

Highlight your second slide, click customise slide tab, click music tab, make sure "play new music box is un-ticked, if it has a tick, un-tick it.

Yachtsman1

You could also try -

Produce a 10second silent mp3 track in Audacity- save- then in Project Options>Music>add music add this silent track, making sure it is positioned at the top of any other tracks you have selected.

Hit OK and in the timeline you will see the additional time added at the begining of the sequence (indicated by a short vertical line above the end of the 10seconds).

I keep a stock of pre-recorded silent tracks of various lengths on file to use in these cases.

DEN (NE UK)

...The easy way is to either create a black slide time it for 10 seconds, put it as the first slide in your show then add your music to the second slide. Or remove the music from the first picture slide and add it to your second slide...

If you do this, which means that you insert music via "Customize slide", it will not play in the mini player and you will not have the wave form (there will be other disadvantages). So, synchronizing music and transitions is hardly possible.

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

....Produce a 10 second silent mp3 track in Audacity- save- then in Project Options>Music>add music add this silent track, making sure it is positioned at the top of any other tracks you have selected....

This may not be regarded as an elegant way, but it works. In cases where the music on the PC is not given as an original but only as an mp3-file, this method avoids an additional mp3-compression.

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

Guest Yachtsman1
If you do this, which means that you insert music via "Customize slide", it will not play in the mini player and you will not have the wave form (there will be other disadvantages). So, synchronizing music and transitions is hardly possible.

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

There are still some of us out there producing shows in PTE without the use of many of the new features. My two shows in the show sections were produced without using the timeline or mini-player features, just by matching the slide times to the music length. Eventually I hope I will be able to use the advanced features.

Yachtsman1.

You could also try -

Produce a 10second silent mp3 track in Audacity- save- then in Project Options>Music>add music add this silent track, making sure it is positioned at the top of any other tracks you have selected.

Hit OK and in the timeline you will see the additional time added at the begining of the sequence (indicated by a short vertical line above the end of the 10seconds).

I keep a stock of pre-recorded silent tracks of various lengths on file to use in these cases.

DEN (NE UK)

I agree! This is the simplest and quickest way to get silent sections added. I have the following soundtracks recorded: 1sec, 2sec, 3sec 5sec, 10sec, 20sec and 30 seconds. You can build any length with those. I most always start the show and end the show with the 3 second silent track. The silent tracks allow you to stay within the program and get customized silence where ever and when ever you want it. I love ending some shows with the last image lingering in silence, as it slowly fades to black

-larry