WnSoft Forums

Main Images Reduce in Size

TonyFalla

I have obviously done something wrong but I cannot find what it is and would like some assistance. I created a tutorial using PTE, for which I loaded about 20 images each 1920 x 1200 pixels. In Project Options I set 90% of slide to show for main image for all images. With the exception of the first and last two images, under O&A I then moved all the main images just slightly left by the same amount and then added some navigation buttons at the side. I also used an arrow image that moved round the image to point out various things in the image for my tutorial. This works fine as a PTE exe file.

My troubles started when I tried to convert this to a DVD, I noticed that as the process ran through the MPG2 conversion on the second and subsequent slides the main image was reduced to about 25% - 30% of its size. I let the process complete and looked at the MPG2 file that had been created. This reduction has not taken place on the first or the last two images but has taken place on the main images that have been moved slightly left. The arrow and navigation buttons have not been reduced in size. Closer inspection reveals that 2 of the screens where the image has been moved left do appear at their 90% size. I cannot be 100% certain but I believe that both of these images were ones I added to the sequence at a later stage when matching images to the soundtrack.

Any suggestions on how I have managed to mess this up would be appreciated.

I have now solved the problem myself but don't understand how it happened in the first place! I was looking at each of the slides in O&A view and looked at a tab that I have not used before called "Common". On this I found a box called Mode which I noticed that some slides had "Fit to Slide" others had "Original", all the slides that were reducing in format had this set to "Original", I have now set them all to "Fit to Slide" and solved my problem.

What I don't understand is what set this to the two different values to start with, as I say I have never used this particular tab before. Does anybody have an explanation?