WnSoft Forums

How to....send a link to a client?

cesphoto

Hi - I am new to PTE and was wondering ...

Now that I have created my slideshow - how can I get it so a client can view it?

Can I put this on my website somehow?

I've seen other photographers that just email their clients a link and it is somehow up on their website - does that make sense? So the client can download it from there and then you can set the parameter so they can view for x amount of days or times before expiring type of thing. I would be using it to help proof my photos and get the emotional side of things rolling before showing static photos

I know I can't email it via outlook because it's a .exe

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Carrie

Now that I have created my slideshow - how can I get it so a client can view it?

Can I put this on my website somehow?

I've seen other photographers that just email their clients a link and it is somehow up on their website - does that make sense?

I know I can't email it via outlook because it's a .exe

Thanks!

Carrie

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to the Forum ~ Now there are a few queries you have raised here and many answers to those ~ but in order

of immediate importance...you wish to get your 'Show' to a Client, yes !!

O.K, the fastest way of doing this is to upload the Show to:- MediaFire.Com (its Free) and they give you a File Code

which you send to your Client, then ask them to 'Log-On' to Media-Fire, punch in the File Code and it downsload immediately.

They accept Files up to 100.Mb in size.

Other matters, yes you can Post a 'link' on your Web-Site but first make sure that your ISP Provider will accomodate large Files,

most don't, and those who do, usually want more money on account of the large File sizes.

In regards to 'Outlook'....is that Microsoft-Outlook or Outlook Express, if its the latter you simply click-on the Attachment

Button on the top of the Message-Page and it adds your Show to your EMail. (see below). But please consider the 'recipient' who

might not wait for 10 minutes to download an EMail Attachment....

There are other Members who can advise about your Web-Page but for the time being I hope the above information will get you

out of problems.

Media Fire Link:- http://www.mediafire.com/

Best regards,

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1221789673_thumb.png

Thanks!

Carrie

======================

You can try:

http://www.yousendit.com/

It is free and they will host files up to 100mb file, for, I think 7 days. I've used it many time for large files.

You upload it and a notice is sent to your client for them to download it at their convenience.

Gary

Yes yes... getting the show to the client with out having to burn a disc is my main goal.

Thank you so much for the quick response and the wonderful help/information!

It sounds like both Usendit and mediafire would work well for this - thank you - I hadn't even considered that at all!

I was referred to PTE by another photographer who somehow puts it up on her site for them to download so I hadn't even considered

any other options! Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!! I will also check with my ISP and see about size - I really have no clue offhand

Thanks again! You guys rock!

Yes yes... getting the show to the client with out having to burn a disc is my main goal.

Thanks again! You guys rock!

=================

With YouSendIt, you can send an exe file. But be aware that some email programs will automatically reject exe files, so unless you are sure your client will take exe files, it might be best to zip the files.

Gary