WnSoft Forums

How do I create a permanent AVI file.

Sundstrom

As title says, I need to create a permanent AVI file, for eventual importing into Adobe Premiere Pro. If PTE cant do this within itself, then I'm looking for

suggestions on what I need to get it done. Looking to skip the step of burning it then pulling the AVI off a disk, as it would simply be a waste.

Additionally maintaining quality is important (if this even factors into any answers) I need to keep it max qual in 1080.

Thanks in advance,

Rex

Dave

the basic move for a permanent custom avi still works

-- video builder makes a mpeg

-- these 3 jpg screenhots were made of 552 vers.

i tried to show the mpeg4 codec that i have had success with when doing a permanent avi -

the gif shot of video builder shows that he can make just a mpeg to import into his other program

ken

post-16-1223644762_thumb.jpg

post-16-1223644830_thumb.jpg

post-16-1223644872_thumb.jpg

post-16-1223646004_thumb.png

Hi Ken,

Clicking on VIDEO now gives the choice of "Burn DVD - Video Disc" or "Create AVI File" - different to Lin's Tute.

When you get there the options are also different - more and possibly better.

I just wondered if one of Peter's FAQs was more up to date?

DaveG

Ken/DaveG,

I haven't really addressed much on the DVD/VideoBuilder side in the FAQs as yet because I have only limited personal experience. I'm still coming up the learning curve on things like DVD +R, DVD -R, NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 1080p, etc. and, indeed, using VideoBuilder to burn sequences to DVD.

I didn't used to read the posts in the DVD section because I had no interest in that aspect of PTE. But now I am reading them all and slowly working through the back numbers - trying to absorb and understand the terminology and the associated problems.

I'm hoping to address some of the issues in this area in some of the FAQ drafts that I'll be posting in early November.

regards,

Peter