WnSoft Forums

Slide Preparation and Management

JEB

Hi,

I wondered if anybody has had any experience with Lightroom? I have recently downloaded the trial offer and am most impressed.

On the face of it, in most occasions, I could see it eliminating the use of Photoshop. Working directly from the RAW file you have the ability to make most of the changes you are likely to wish to carry out in Photoshop, including any cropping and resizing. It caters for batching many processes; if that is something you are comfortable with. As you would expect, should you require to use Photoshop, or indeed any other image editor (I would need to double check that), a click of a button gets you there seamlessly.

Equally important, it is a first class filing system, much better than Bridge, it would appear, from my initial play.

My reason for looking at Lightroom is that I am presently trying to improve my filing system and this appears to help me do that with the least upheaval. It allows me to continue with my existing basic windows file structure, yet with the use of tags, enables me to find images more efficiently than it is now becoming.

In all respects it appears to provide a "one stop shop" solution.

I would welcome any views or experiences.

Regards

John