WnSoft Forums

PTE to Vimeo experience

LumenLux

Previous to PTE V5.6 Betas, I had converted a couple of PTE presentations and posted them (non HighDef) on Vimeo. My results, similar to Lin's posted tests, still left much to be desired when it came to transitions and animation movement. My first use today of Igor's new Create HD video for Vimeo, has yielded excellent results on the particular PTE I used. The PTE uses only standard fades and no-fade cuts but with a variety of slide durations.

The 7 or 8 minute presentation required 1 hr 20 minutes to output for Vimeo. Vimeo, after holding the video in line for maybe an hour, took about 25 minutes to convert and post for viewing. The Vimeo delay is less than I had experienced at busier times previously. The really nice part was that Igor has it automated for us such that once I told PTE/VideoBuilder to Start, the rest was un-attended, all automated! I could then go into my Vimeo account and adjust settings such as making the video private via any of several parameters. In this case I wanted it "private" to extent that password is required to view.

With this specific PTE project, I think the Vimeo result is outstanding! The HD file as output by PTE and further "converted" by Vimeo really looks nice, in my opinion. At the Vimeo default size for viewing HD, the resolution seems flawless. You can, even while viewing, expand it to full screen, which then reveals some less perfect rendition. You can escape back to the default size or turn off HD if you prefer for a given situation. The Vimeo site gives all kinds of "share" options. In this case I simply copied the imbed code, pasted it as a new post on my blog, and it was ready for blog members, including the Mac users who have always felt a little underprivileged with my traditional PTE postings. On my blogsite, the Vimeo is not HD, but if you click the HD option while viewing on the blog, it nicely informs the viewer he can view it in HD by continuring to the Vimeo site. It is all very slick.

My next pleasant "discovery" has to do with email. I found I can place the PTE/Vimeo output from my blog into an email to anyone. The email recipient can view it right in the email context or click back and forth with full screen. The same privlege continues with forwarding the email and all recipients need the password if the the Vimeo setting is so specified. If anyone here wants to judge for yourself and share your opinion, please use our PTE Forum to Private Message me with your email address and I will forward the mail as I have described. I would also be interested how the emailed version would run on an

iPhone or Ipod.

I am currently trying out the new 'VIMEO' options in PTE and am very pleasantly surprised with it so far. UThe uploading process is very easy to get used to and the resulting sjows are of excellent quality (so much better that the rivals Utube) . The HD option is good but not really necessary because I am finding the SD quality to be acceptable. I think that this new feature will prove to be a big hit!

I have uploaded a couple of test PTE shows, if you want to take a look.

Ron.