WnSoft Forums

Behaviour of Del key in timeline

uuderzo

Ehm... One question about the purpose of the Del key.

When I'm in the timeline and select one or more slides and then press the Del key, My expectation is to remove the selected slides from the timeline.

The current result is to make the previous unselected slide longer, shifting all the selected slides on the right in the timeline.

What is it supposed to? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks. Umberto

... When I'm in the timeline and select one or more slides and then press the Del key ...

The current result is to make the previous unselected slide longer, shifting all the selected slides on the right in the timeline ...

Hello Umberto,

This function can be useful in cases where you want to place the transitions according to the beat (meter) of the music. You can first shift the slides to the right, and while playing the show in the mini-player, you can then place the transitions using the button "New transition" according to the music.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

When I'm in the timeline and select one or more slides and then press the Del key, My expectation is to remove the selected slides from the timeline.

Thanks. Umberto

You may have already noticed: If your project screen is showing the slides (photos) along the bottom (instead of the timeline view) - pressing the Delete key does remove the slides. Then when you switch to the timeline view, you will find the slides are gone there as well.

Umberto,

To delete a slide from the slide list whilst in the Timeline display you need to press Shift+Del. This will remove the selected slide and leave all the others at the time points they previously occupied.

However, if you are using v5.60 beta releases, this function doesn't seem to have been re-activated yet by Igor. Be patient, it will be.

regards,

Peter

Yes, and I understand the behaviour of Del key in slides mode.

But in timeline mode the Ins and Del keys behaviour seems switched.

In fact if i type Ins, the slide following the cursor is shifted to the cursor and the cursor is placed after the slide fade.

Instead, if i type Del, slides are moved to the right. It looks like and insertion (of time, not slides), not a deletion.

Pretty strange to me.

Umberto.

You may have already noticed: If your project screen is showing the slides (photos) along the bottom (instead of the timeline view) - pressing the Delete key does remove the slides. Then when you switch to the timeline view, you will find the slides are gone there as well.