WnSoft Forums

manual slide show

pbear-1

I have created a show set to music using version 5.0 of P2E. I subsequently took the same set of slides, removed the music, and made what I considered to be the proper steps in the project options pages. After I finished and hit preview the show ran without my use of the mouse or keyboard. I created the show and again, when I clicked on the icon, the show ran itself. What do I have to do to create a show that will only advance when I slick the mouse?

Hi,

Project Options, Main Tab, Click for checkmark next to "Wait for a key press or Mouse Click to show next slide". You can opt for using the Navigation Bar or control via keypad as desired.

Note: if you are using Beta 5 of version 5.6 this feature is not yet enabled. If you are using the release version 5.5 it should work normally....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi josephm,

I think that in v5.0 you cannot easily create a manual slide show. It is a long time since I used v5.0. If you download the latest version, v5.52, it is a very simple set of changes that you need.

1) in Project Options...Main you tick the box "Wait for a keypress or mouse click to show next slide"

2) in Project Options...Advanced you set the mouse buttons to "Next Slide" and "Previous Slide" and also probably want to set the option here to "Always show mouse cursor" so that you can use the mouse cursor to point to items that you talking about.

And that's it!

PTE v5.52 will install alongside v5.0 and co-exist with it and your product "key" will be automatically detected and used to activate v5.52. The user interface is a little different but I think you will quickly adapt to it. Project files created with PTE versions prior to v5.52 are upwardly compatible but if you save one of them using v5.52 you cannot then take it back to an earlier version.

regards,

Peter

I am not sure about this for v.5.0, but it works in v.5.5. If you like to experiment with your ordiginal show with music it will not do any harm. Set the .exe file running and immediately press Pause/Break on the keyboard. From there you can move on one slide at a time, or back, with the cursor keys. The space bar switches the sound on or off.

For you purposes this may be helpful.

John

Thank you all for your prompt and clear recommendations. That made it a lot easier. I have one final question if I may. Do I still have to change my resolution to 1024 x 768 when I am putting together a slideshow for projection purposes or can I leave the resolution at the high quality that I use for my regular viewing? And many thanks to all of you on this excellent forum.

The best way to be sure is to try it. In general, there are numerous disadvantages and no real advantages to having greater resolution than that of the projector. The only time you will want greater resolution than that of the projector is if you are doing a deep zoom in where you need to preserve the quality of the subject you are featuring in the zoom. Any time you have a deep zoom you want to zoom no further than about 1:1 so that the object zoomed on does not exceed the size of a 1:1 crop at 100% viewing in your editor such as Photoshop.

When you use a projector, the projector will automatically downsample to its native resolution so it takes more resources if you feed it a significantly larger images than necessary. The way most handle this is to create the slideshow at the native resolution of the projector and on only those images which are being used for significant zooms are the images larger than the projector's native zoom.

It perhaps helps to remember how an executable show works from the perspective of the computer. Unlike a video show (MP4, MPEG II, AVI, etc.) where there are up to 29.97 images created "and saved" for each second of viewing then saved as separate frames (which makes video files so large), an executable show uses your original photo to create all intermediate photos which make up the zoom or pan. These images are created "on demand" as the executable file instructs the computer. So when you do a zoom or pan up to 60 or more images are created by the computer for each second of show time then discarded. This means that if you feed large images to the projector it will necessarily have to deal with lots of data in a short period while downsampling to reach its native display size. This can overwhelm a projector and result in jerky movement. It's a better use of resources then to only use larger images than the native projected resolution only for cases where it's absolutely necessary to avoid unwanted consequences.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you all for your prompt and clear recommendations. That made it a lot easier. I have one final question if I may. Do I still have to change my resolution to 1024 x 768 when I am putting together a slideshow for projection purposes or can I leave the resolution at the high quality that I use for my regular viewing? And many thanks to all of you on this excellent forum.