WnSoft Forums

Fuzzy comments

pjln_phillips

Hi all,

I am a newbie really and I have only just completed my second show in four years!http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

My question is about comment text going fuzzy. I did find a reference to the issue in the forum archives but I couldn't see any sign of a resolution...

I am using P2E as a means of deseminating information so I use comments on most slides.

When I do so, they appear crrectly unless I later go back to that slide to edit it. And that may be no more than to select it from the timeline.

When next viewed the comments will have gone blurry.http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

I have found a work-around. If I go to <objects & animations>, selct the comment and then select <Font>, reselect the chosen font to the same font and then close the slide it will become crystal clear again.http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

Unless , of course, I bring it back into the editing window. In which case it will be fuzzy again. Interestingly, if I select <objects & animations> again, it will go twice as fuzzy before I change it.

Even changing its size will clarify the text but just moving it won't.http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Anybody able to "clarify" this one for me?http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick,

I have 2 questions for you:-

1)

Are your 'Script-Comments' in photo Gif or photo JPeg Format and then 'pasted' on to your Slide-Images ?

2)

If you are using direct Keyboard 'Font Print' on to your Slide-Images what Font-Types are you using ?

There are problems with certain 'Font-photos' and problems with certain 'Font-Types' and this is the reason

for the questions.

Brian.Conflow.

Patrick,

I have 2 questions for you:-

1)

Are your 'Script-Comments' in photo Gif or photo JPeg Format and then 'pasted' on to your Slide-Images ?

2)

If you are using direct Keyboard 'Font Print' on to your Slide-Images what Font-Types are you using ?

There are problems with certain 'Font-photos' and problems with certain 'Font-Types' and this is the reason

for the questions.

Brian.Conflow.

1. No. Photos are Jpeg imported and then comments added through typing into comments window.

2. Almost exclusively Arial. Would be happy with almost any sans serif typeface if that would solve the problem.

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick

when typing comments in,if my memory serves me right you can pick any font that is on your system

pick a slide that has comments on it

objects and animation/properties/

as well you can diasble drop shadowing in objects and animation

you have to select the font

these screen shot's are from an old 4 series slide show but opened with 5.6 b9 to show you where to make changes

post-16-1227695707_thumb.png

post-16-1227695938_thumb.png

Patrick

when typing comments in,if my memory serves me right you can pick any font that is on your system

pick a slide that has comments on it

objects and animation/properties/

as well you can diasble drop shadowing in objects and animation

you have to select the font

these screen shot's are from an old 4 series slide show but opened with 5.6 b9 to show you where to make changes

Yes, I have only used Arial and Courier (to see if it was font types).

I have unchecked all checkboxes.

Patrick,

You say you are a 'Newbie' so I guess you are stuck for a few important Tool's to actually show us your problem.

You will need a simple Screen-Capture Tool ot make an Image so you can post it here on the Forum

You can download a simple Screen-Capture Program by clicking-on the Link below:- (It is very simple and effective)

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/DeskScan/deskscan.html

Now you will need to know how to 'Upload' that Image to the Forum. Below is a Screen-Shot showing you how (Click it).

(If the above does not apply to you O.K ~ other Newbies may wish to know)

You may not know that there are 8.Types of Aerial Fonts and 6.Types of Courier Fonts and many of these are not

"True-Type" Fonts so in many cases they are not compatible with the PTE.Program nor with some Printers this depends

on National usage in different Countries. Any Font thats marked "TT" will work provided its installed on your PC.

There are ways around your problem ~ such as 'Rasterisation' of the Scripts, but at this point in time it would be more

useful to all of us if you could take a 'Screen-Shot' of the problem and show it as it is.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1227699343_thumb.png

Thanks Conflow,

I hope I am being helpful by uploading the screenshots as a slideshow telling the story as clearly as I can. Hopefully, it will show you exactly what I am doing...wrong!

Incidently, I had the problem on my pride-and-joy, a Vista Ultimate 64 with 8Gb RAM but it is just the same on my little UMPC with XP Home & 512Mb RAM!

If you would rather have individual screenshots, let me know.

Patrick

Patrick,

You say you are a 'Newbie' so I guess you are stuck for a few important Tool's to actually show us your problem.

You will need a simple Screen-Capture Tool ot make an Image so you can post it here on the Forum

You can download a simple Screen-Capture Program by clicking-on the Link below:- (It is very simple and effective)

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/DeskScan/deskscan.html

Now you will need to know how to 'Upload' that Image to the Forum. Below is a Screen-Shot showing you how (Click it).

(If the above does not apply to you O.K ~ other Newbies may wish to know)

You may not know that there are 8.Types of Aerial Fonts and 6.Types of Courier Fonts and many of these are not

"True-Type" Fonts so in many cases they are not compatible with the PTE.Program nor with some Printers this depends

on National usage in different Countries. Any Font thats marked "TT" will work provided its installed on your PC.

There are ways around your problem ~ such as 'Rasterisation' of the Scripts, but at this point in time it would be more

useful to all of us if you could take a 'Screen-Shot' of the problem and show it as it is.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Conflow,

I hope I am being helpful by uploading the screenshots as a slideshow telling the story as clearly as I can. Hopefully, it will show you exactly what I am doing...wrong!

Incidently, I had the problem on my pride-and-joy, a Vista Ultimate 64 with 8Gb RAM but it is just the same on my little UMPC with XP Home & 512Mb RAM!

If you would rather have individual screenshots, let me know.

Patrick

I guess it would have helped more if I included the file link :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddl1mjm03wg

Patrick,

Are you making this Slideshow on a 64.Bit Computer ? and the fault occur's on that Computer ?

And are you trying out that 'faulty' Show on your smaller 32.Bit Computers ?

The reason I ask is simple, because when I ran your 'Test-Slideshow' from MediaFire every Image

was out of Focus ~ what you call 'Fuzzy'~ even your script explainations were out of Focus/Fuzzy.

It's definitely not the Fonts as I see you are using Aerial "True-Type" Fonts ~ so it has to be a simple

problem, but firstly lets get it clear, are you using a 64.Bit PC ?.

Brian.Conflow.

Patrick,

Are you making this Slideshow on a 64.Bit Computer ? and the fault occur's on that Computer ?

And are you trying out that 'faulty' Show on your smaller 32.Bit Computers ?

The reason I ask is simple, because when I ran your 'Test-Slideshow' from MediaFire every Image

was out of Focus ~ what you call 'Fuzzy'~ even your script explainations were out of Focus/Fuzzy.

It's definitely not the Fonts as I see you are using Aerial "True-Type" Fonts ~ so it has to be a simple

problem, but firstly lets get it clear, are you using a 64.Bit PC ?.

Brian.Conflow.

I made the slideshow for you on the small XP machine and I have just checked - it does the fuzzy comment bit.

I normally work on the big 64 bit machine, so that was were I first noticed the problem.

I just downloaded the one I did for you on the 64 bit m/c and it came down and played OK!!!

The script explanation slides were a little blurry but quite readable. I made those quickly by exporting from CorelDraw12 and I didn't want the size of the slideshow to get too big so...

Once again, thanks for all your trouble on my behalf.

Patrick

Patrick,

This is getting more complicated each time you make a reply ~ you keep changing the Goalposts!!

You made the Demo-Show on a 32.Bit PC - You used Corel Draw for Scripts - You uploaded what

looks like a 'Video' to MediaFire - it was not a Pte.Exe - you downloaded that and played it on your 64.PC.

I only asked for a few 'Screen-Captures' of what you saw on your Computer Monitor. I sent you a

download Link for a simple 'Screen-Capture Tool' for a very good reason to avoid this confusion.

I'm sorry I can only help you if you do as I ask....

1)

Are you making your Slideshow on the 64.Bit PC ?...YES or NO.

2)

Are you using the PTE.Slideline-Viewer (Preview) on the 64.Bit PC?...YES or NO.

3)

Have you made a Full PTE.EXE Slideshow on the 64.Bit PC ?...YES or NO.

4)

Does the 'Fuzzy' effect appear in the Pte.Slideline-Viewer AND in the PTE.EXE Slideshow...YES or NO.

________________________________________________________________________________

It is so simple to make a Slideshow with 4 Photographs (No Scripts) and make copies of those with Scripts

so now you have a PTE.EXE Slideshow with 8 Photographs and you make this on the 64.Bit PC.Machine.

The Photographs should be about 150.Kb each, and about 800x600 pixels. Now we might get somewhere

provided you STOP adding complications with external Programs.

Brian.Conflow.

Patrick,

This is getting more complicated each time you make a reply ~ you keep changing the Goalposts!!

You made the Demo-Show on a 32.Bit PC - You used Corel Draw for Scripts - You uploaded what

looks like a 'Video' to MediaFire - it was not a Pte.Exe - you downloaded that and played it on your 64.PC.

I thought I made it an EXE called snaphots.exe. It looks like a PTE.EXE to me but I may be misunderstanding something!

I only asked for a few 'Screen-Captures' of what you saw on your Computer Monitor. I sent you a

download Link for a simple 'Screen-Capture Tool' for a very good reason to avoid this confusion.

I'm sorry I can only help you if you do as I ask....

1)

Are you making your Slideshow on the 64.Bit PC ?...YES or NO.

2)

Are you using the PTE.Slideline-Viewer (Preview) on the 64.Bit PC?...YES or NO.

3)

Have you made a Full PTE.EXE Slideshow on the 64.Bit PC ?...YES or NO.

4)

Does the 'Fuzzy' effect appear in the Pte.Slideline-Viewer AND in the PTE.EXE Slideshow...YES or NO.

________________________________________________________________________________

It is so simple to make a Slideshow with 4 Photographs (No Scripts) and make copies of those with Scripts

so now you have a PTE.EXE Slideshow with 8 Photographs and you make this on the 64.Bit PC.Machine.

The Photographs should be about 150.Kb each, and about 800x600 pixels. Now we might get somewhere

provided you STOP adding complications with external Programs.

Brian.Conflow.

I am sorry if I appear to be making life more difficult. Not my intention; quite the reverse!

Here are the snapshots on their own... I don't know quite which screens you wanted so I have included everything I think might be relevant.

I think the issue about 64bit or 32bit may be clouding the issue as there is no difference in the effect no matter which machine I use. All that I have sent you has been from the 32bit machine.

Many thanks and apologies for being a difficult client!

Patrick

post-6515-1227790873_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227790949_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227790985_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791015_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791038_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791064_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791087_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791120_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791147_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791174_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791199_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791221_thumb.jpg

post-6515-1227791250_thumb.jpg

Patrick,

All these 'Shots' are taken from the 'Timeline' and 'Priview' ~ they are not good !

I asked you 4 Questions and I noted your Yes/No Answers..many thanks.

It seems that the 'fault' is both in the Timeline and in the Slideshow

and the 'fault' is rippling across each PC as you test the Show on each one.

This 'fault' can only have 4 sources,viz:-

1) The PC which makes the Show has a fault ?

2) Your 'Working-Method' has a fault ?

3) The 'Graphics-Card' has a fault ?

4) The 'PTE.Program' has a fault ?

First, I propose is to check out your PC ~ the one which makes the Slideshow.

** Let me know what Make & Model of PC you are using.

** I need to know what Graphics-Card is in that PC.

Then I will get back to you,

Brian.Conflow.

GForce 8800 GT in the 64bit

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family in the 32bit

Patrick,

All these 'Shots' are taken from the 'Timeline' and 'Priview' ~ they are not good !

I asked you 4 Questions and I noted your Yes/No Answers..many thanks.

It seems that the 'fault' is both in the Timeline and in the Slideshow

and the 'fault' is rippling across each PC as you test the Show on each one.

This 'fault' can only have 4 sources,viz:-

1) The PC which makes the Show has a fault ? Wouldn't the two PCs have to have the same fault?

2) Your 'Working-Method' has a fault ? Seems very probable :unsure:

3) The 'Graphics-Card' has a fault ? Very different cards :(

4) The 'PTE.Program' has a fault ? :(

First, I propose is to check out your PC ~ the one which makes the Slideshow.

** Let me know what Make & Model of PC you are using. 64bit is custom made for me by local supplier but is Intel Core Asus P5Q motherboard Quad Q660 2.8MHz with 8Gb RAM The 32bit is a Sony Vaio VGN-UX1N UMPC U1400 1.2MHz with 512Mb RAM

** I need to know what Graphics-Card is in that PC. GForce 8800 GT

Then I will get back to you,

Brian.Conflow.

I am sorry if I appear to be making life more difficult. Not my intention; quite the reverse!

Here are the snapshots on their own... I don't know quite which screens you wanted so I have included everything I think might be relevant....

Patrick

========================

Patrick,

I took a look at the first couple of slides you posted and I had the same problem some time ago. Take a look at the first posting I made here back in Sept. 2008:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....99&hl=goddi

The bad thing is I don't know how I fixed it. I think I did a Set Defaults in the Comment tab. Somehow, it went away. I think I was fiddling around with the text size or something and just could not figure out what was going on. But I got the same blurry Comments as you have. Which version are you using? I had the problem with whichever was the latest version back in Sept. 2008. If you do a Set Defaults, it will reset all of your settings back to every Default setting for the entire slideshow. :(

Sorry I don't know exactly what I did to fix it but it seems it can be rectified. See if the Set Defaults button works.

Gary

Thanks, Gary

I saw your post from back then before I started this thread because I couldn't see a result from your efforts!

I am using v5.22

Now I have tried setting all the defaults and maybe I am closer to locating the problem! Thanks.

It seems that the fzziness only occurs when I resize a comment away from the default.

I can move the comment at its default size.

If I rotate the comment, it reverts to pre edit position on second selection on slides bar.

Each time I select a slide in the slides list there is some redrawing of the comments.

If the comment on a particular slide has been stretched or shrunk using the handles in the Objects & Animations tool it goes fuzzy when reselected in the list.

If it has been rotated, it reverts to pre-rotation.

Not a complete solution but a work around.

Many thanks for progressing the situation.

Patrick

========================

Patrick,

I took a look at the first couple of slides you posted and I had the same problem some time ago. Take a look at the first posting I made here back in Sept. 2008:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....99&hl=goddi

The bad thing is I don't know how I fixed it. I think I did a Set Defaults in the Comment tab. Somehow, it went away. I think I was fiddling around with the text size or something and just could not figure out what was going on. But I got the same blurry Comments as you have. Which version are you using? I had the problem with whichever was the latest version back in Sept. 2008. If you do a Set Defaults, it will reset all of your settings back to every Default setting for the entire slideshow. :(

Sorry I don't know exactly what I did to fix it but it seems it can be rectified. See if the Set Defaults button works.

Gary

Thanks, Gary

I saw your post from back then before I started this thread because I couldn't see a result from your efforts!

I am using v5.22...

Patrick

==============

Patrick,

The first thing I would do is download the latest Beta 5.61 and see what happens. Bring the show into this new version and save it as a different named file. See what happens. Maybe Igor addresses this problem in one of the versions since 5.22.

You can, of course, install it in its own folder and keep both versions for testing.

Let us know if the latest Beta has any effect on solving this problem.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I have been working with Patrick "Off-Forum" with that 'fuzzy' problem and that problem has cropped

up here more than once. I also had the experience in the past with 4.48 and 4.49 but overcame it by

developing a 'working-technique' when Editing Images. Mostly it has nothing to do with PTE provided

the working PC can be eliminated from the equation, ie:- It's working perfectly ?

Patrick has a few other issues which need clearing up prior to some 'Hard-Factual Testings' and at this

stage I want him to get perfect Script-Comments on to Images (Not using Pte) so he is satisfied

that 'things' actually work prior to any attempt at importing those into Pte ~ then create the same with Pte.

That will help by exposing any weakness in personal 'techniques' and indeed it could be a soft-bug in Pte

but who knows?..as they say.."The proof is in the Pudding"...but we will sort it.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Gary,

I have been working with Patrick "Off-Forum" with that 'fuzzy' problem and that problem has cropped up here more than once....

Brian.Conflow.

=============

Brian... Great. Glad to see you are working on this strange thing. It only happened to me once but it wasn't logical on how I got rid of it and I just can't remember what really got it to disappear. Keep us posted on what your results are.

Thanks... Gary