WnSoft Forums

Transition points on P2E 5.5

Robin

Hi...I only get to work with P2E a couple of times a year and I've been working on a show with P2E 5.5. I seem to have a problem whereby the timing of my transition points changes when I change photo's around. So I've set the transition points to my sound track and have a lot of pics at my disposal to use. When I move photo's around in the timeline to make them appear more organised, this action seems to affect the timing of my transition points so much that I have go back and reset them all again. Perhaps it's a feature that I haven't unchecked or perhaps this is a known issue. I certainly don't recall having this issue with earlier versions. Anyone shed any light on this ?

thanks, Robin

Robin,

You used the phrase “…when I change photo’s around…”. I am inferring from this that you are doing something like drag and drop within the digital light-box view or within the SlideList.

What you are seeing is the normal behaviour of PTE. When you first place a slide into the slide list, it is given the default duration, the default transition effect and the default transition duration. You can then change these three values by various means including: Customize Slide, dragging the “flag” on the timeline, dragging the end of the transition on the timeline. Any changes that you make in any of these ways will be retained if you then change that slides place in the sequence by dragging and dropping or by cut and paste.

To give an example: Assume you have customized slide 4 to be 10 seconds long instead of a default of 5 seconds. You’ve done this so that you can use a long fade on it and also to get slide 5 to appear synchronised to a musical emphasis in the soundtrack. You then decide that you want to swap the images for slide 4 and slide 6. If you do this via drag-and-drop, your new slide 4 will have the attributes of your old slide 6 and your new slide 6 will have the 10 second duration and long fade. These attributes are associated directly with the image and not with the position. They get carried along everywhere that the image is taken.

If you simply want to substitute one image for another, whilst retaining all the attributes of the original image, use the “Change Image file for current slide” icon on the top toolbar, to the right of the Comment field.

Regards,

Peter

Robin,

You used the phrase “…when I change photo’s around…”. I am inferring from this that you are doing something like drag and drop within the digital light-box view or within the SlideList.

What you are seeing is the normal behaviour of PTE. When you first place a slide into the slide list, it is given the default duration, the default transition effect and the default transition duration. You can then change these three values by various means including: Customize Slide, dragging the “flag” on the timeline, dragging the end of the transition on the timeline. Any changes that you make in any of these ways will be retained if you then change that slides place in the sequence by dragging and dropping or by cut and paste.

To give an example: Assume you have customized slide 4 to be 10 seconds long instead of a default of 5 seconds. You’ve done this so that you can use a long fade on it and also to get slide 5 to appear synchronised to a musical emphasis in the soundtrack. You then decide that you want to swap the images for slide 4 and slide 6. If you do this via drag-and-drop, your new slide 4 will have the attributes of your old slide 6 and your new slide 6 will have the 10 second duration and long fade. These attributes are associated directly with the image and not with the position. They get carried along everywhere that the image is taken.

If you simply want to substitute one image for another, whilst retaining all the attributes of the original image, use the “Change Image file for current slide” icon on the top toolbar, to the right of the Comment field.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply. I think I've sussed the issue. In this version of P2E, there is a small checkbox on it's own in the bottom right hand corner called 'hold transition points' or something similar. If this isn't checked (looks like the default option), then when you insert or remove photo's (that have no special properties...like fade or other effects) and replace them with new ones, for some reason, this alters the transition points that you've already set against the soundtrack and so you have to reset all your carefully worked out transition points. If you do have this checkbox checked, then your transition points are maintained in their correct positions irrespective of which photo's you've shifted around to give the presentation more impact.

If this was in earlier versions, then it was always set to on. I'm going to do a bit more testing on this as I'm not showing the presentation until the 18th.

thanks

Robin