WnSoft Forums

Newbie Question

ronjack5

Hello Everyone,

The tutorials and samples are really great!

I just got PicturesToExe today! One of the main factors in my decision process was a statement in the product description. "No additional program (not even PicturesToExe itself) is needed to run a finished slide show, except a produced Exe file."

How can I run a newly created slide show on another computer on my home network? I tried moving the slide show (.pte file) to a shared folder, but got hit with a "Windows Cannot Read This File" error on the target computer. What am I doing wrong? Does the slide show have to be DVD or AVI first? I looked through quite a few posts first but I didn't find anything addressing this point.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ronjack5

...How can I run a newly created slide show on another computer on my home network? I tried moving the slide show (.pte file) ...

ronjack5,

Nomen est omen. The name of the product "PicturesTo Exe" already indicates that you can create an exe-file from your show. Please use the create-as-slideshow-function (Create button, F9-key, or menu entry (location is depending on the version, 5.5 or 5.6)). The created file should run on each PC which is not too old.

Regards,

Xaver

Munich

Guest Yachtsman1
Hello Everyone,

The tutorials and samples are really great!

I just got PicturesToExe today! One of the main factors in my decision process was a statement in the product description. "No additional program (not even PicturesToExe itself) is needed to run a finished slide show, except a produced Exe file."

How can I run a newly created slide show on another computer on my home network? I tried moving the slide show (.pte file) to a shared folder, but got hit with a "Windows Cannot Read This File" error on the target computer. What am I doing wrong? Does the slide show have to be DVD or AVI first? I looked through quite a few posts first but I didn't find anything addressing this point.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ronjack5

Depending which version of PTE you have 5.5 or 5.6, if 5.5 save / re-name your show by adding a letter or number, note where it is saved, click the bottom left "Create" button, this will create an EXE file of your show. Make sure it goes in the same location as the original file. You will now have a blue icon with the new file name attached. This can be moved by emai, memory stick cd to any modern computer.

Yachtsman1