WnSoft Forums

PTE: Virus alarm with a-squared

Vesa K

I scanned my PC with a-squared free, and it reported a "Trojan.Generic!IK" in PtePreview.exe. Previously I got a similar alarm with Avast concerning the same exe file, but it was somehow resolved that it was a false alarm. Supposedly this is again a false alarm, but I cannot help getting alarmed by these messages, so is there anything you could do to improve the software so as to avoid these problems ? If not, could you tell me why this alarm keeps appearing ?

The problem isn't with PTE but with the anti-virus software. False positives are not that uncommon with anti-virus software and need to be handled by the anti-virus software developers not by Wnsoft. There is no problem with the Wnsoft code which needs to be changed to accommodate defects in anti-virus detection. Wnsoft notifies anti-virus software companies whenever a false positive is discovered, the rest is up to the software developers of the anti-virus software. There is no need to be alarmed - the problem is "definitely" with the anti-virus software.

Best regards,

Lin