WnSoft Forums

Just a question: Why doesn't the O&A have a separate

goddi

Greetings,

When I have more than one object animated in a slide (meaning, several keyframes going at the same time), I find it difficult to find the actual keyframe I want to edit. For example, in my last slideshow I made, I had 6 images start off the frame and then pan to the inside of the frame. Somehow I got them all to do what I wanted to do. But only 2 keyframes actually show up. I can find the beginning of each object's movement by highlighting the object in the object list, but I find it difficult to adjust the ending keypoint of each animation. When I click on what I think is the ending keypoint, all 6 images show up. Sorry, I just can't really explain it very well. Actually, I eventually have been able to figure it out, but with some difficulty.

So my question is, why would it not be better or possible to have each object animation's keyframe on a separate line? Would it not be easier to edit each object's animation when their keyframes are on separate lines?

Just a question.... Gary

What if you have 600 objects??

Lin

==============

Hmmmm.... Testing me??? 600 lines? :rolleyes:

I would think the more objects you would have in the same slide, the more I would want to be able to have each keyframe on its separte line to be able to figure out what the heck is going on. :) If you are going to have 600 objects in the object list, then why not have 600 separated keyframe lines??? It might be a bag of worms, but I am really curious why is this not good way to go. Sort of like layers in Photoshop... or separate lines in video and audio editing....

Gary

Actually, having each keyframe on a separate line could get really confusing when you have multiple keyframes and multiple objects.

For example, sometimes in a complex animation you might have hundreds of keyframes for each object. If each keyframe were on a separate line and the time duration for the slide were quite long, you would have to scroll down many, many screens to get to later keyframes and in doing so loose the visual reference to those above. By using the arrows you can easily navigate from one keyframe to the next on the same line and you can get a visual representation of their relationships over time by their respective positions over the timeline. With them on separate lines you would have no visual reference for those far along the timeline in relation to earlier keyframes.

The "secret" to moving about the keyframes when you have multiples which are very close together is to use the arrows and not try to "click" on individual keyframes. When they accidentally occupy the same space (time) they turn from blue to red. Of course this could happen on separate lines but I would think this would get confusing if you had more than a few. By having a separate line for each keyframe you would waste a tremendous amout of horizontal space because each line would only occupy a minute part of the horizontal space alloted.

I can see how this might be useful, but only if optional.

Photoshop is limited to something like 100 layers, and rarely does any complex image actually use more than a couple dozen, but not PTE. As I recall, JPD once made a puzzle which had over 600 layers with one object per layer. This might be difficult to keep track of if one couldn't have some visual reference for keyframe sequencing along the same timeline.

Just my thoughts....

Best regards,

Lin

Actually, having each keyframe on a separate line could get really confusing when you have multiple keyframes and multiple objects....

Just my thoughts....

Best regards,

Lin

===========================

Lin...

Since my most ambitious effort has been to have only 6 objects animated at one time, I can not comprehend having 600 objects to keep track of. And, I have sort of figured out how to handle multiple objects/keyframes, at least on a small scale. I just need to do it more often so I don't forget what I have learned. It is a bit of a learning curve. But it is good to hear that my idea is not such a good one. It will make me concentrate on dealing with multiple objects/keyframes as they currently are.

Thanks... Gary