WnSoft Forums

PTE 5.6 can't find my burner

targa912

Dl'd 5.6. Was going to try a dvd burn test. Went to video builder but it would not show my dvd burner. Asked for my key. Found it and loaded it according to these instructions:get the key as a text string, copy it, paste into Notepad, save the file as reg.key (NOT .txt!), and verify the resulting file is 231 bytes.

Now, double-click on it or right-click and choose "Merge" from the menu to add it to registry.

I still can not get my burner to come up. Tried using 5.5 and 5.1. Still no burner coming up. Tried my Sony burner and my Samsung. Neither burner shows up!! Tried wnsoft but still no answer. It is a large show. Almost 300 slides. That shouldn't be a problem should it? Don't see why PTE wouldn't find my burner even with a big show. Any help would be appreciated!!

Bob W.

Bob,

With Nero-Burner Software and other Burner-Software its normal to select the 'Burner-Program' first,then

guide it to the Folder containing the item you wish to burn to CD/DVD-Disc. Then select the attributes of how

you wish to format the Burn process then select 'Burn'...this provided you have a Burner-Program on the PC.

Many programs like PTE will offer an 'Auto-Burn' facility but sometimes this doesn't work due to the particular set-up

of a PC...so try the above as an alternative.

Brian.Conflow.

Guest Yachtsman1
Dl'd 5.6. Was going to try a dvd burn test. Went to video builder but it would not show my dvd burner. Asked for my key. Found it and loaded it according to these instructions:get the key as a text string, copy it, paste into Notepad, save the file as reg.key (NOT .txt!), and verify the resulting file is 231 bytes.

Now, double-click on it or right-click and choose "Merge" from the menu to add it to registry.

I still can not get my burner to come up. Tried using 5.5 and 5.1. Still no burner coming up. Tried my Sony burner and my Samsung. Neither burner shows up!! Tried wnsoft but still no answer. It is a large show. Almost 300 slides. That shouldn't be a problem should it? Don't see why PTE wouldn't find my burner even with a big show. Any help would be appreciated!!

Bob W.

If you are using 5.6, click on "CREATE" you then get a box with various options, click DVD Video Disc to start the burning process.

Yachtsman1

Bob,

Does your DVD burner(s) play and burn DVD discs using another burn program other than PTE?

*Right click My Computer (desktop icon) Properties | Hardware | Device Manager see if any warnnig indicators are highlighed over your DVD/CD-Rom Drives.

* Open My Computer (desktop icon) and right click the DVD/CD device icon | Properties | Recording tab and see record setting.