WnSoft Forums

joining two pte shows sound and vision

moonman

Hello all

there was a ref in an early post from Lin and Co that this would be possible in 5.1or2 well i am trying in 5.5 and can only join picts without audio track . This is same as i have tried before in previous ver and failed.

I am selecting all in story line of one pte then open another without closing the first then paste into the new pte. Only picts come across.

How do i get sound and vision over please ?

Hi,

You can only copy images and objects along with all keypoints, animations, etc., but you can't copy music from one PTE show to another. You must enter the music manually.

Best regards,

Lin

thanks but it would be good to be able to do it as you can make up a long show in scenes then just edit them to complete show.

this could be a differing set of scenes depending on needs.

I find it very useful in photo magico which can do it on mac. I wanted to do same for my USA grand tour last year in pte. Oh dear!

organmorgan,

this could be a differing set of scenes depending on needs

Pte 5.6 now uses Run Slideshow option as a way to use separate scenes. No cutting and pasteing of slides to merge into one file since each scene can be built using a separate pte file. Make each scene into its own exe and run them seamlessly using the Run Slideshow option.

Not exactly seamless if a continuous sequence is needed with no (black) spaces, but an adequate enough way of constructing a long show out of separate segments.

However, what Lin has outlined is as good as is needed to join separate segments together. If this is done, without the whole audio track, then it's a simple matter of adjusting/creating the audio to suit the longer sequence. It would be very tricky to just join small 'scenes' together, bringing part of different audio with them. It requires that the audio track is a separate entity, regardless of how the slides are added -all in one sequence or from separate segments.

If the audio track are for completely independent segments, then just add these tracks to the music playlist in Project Options in their appropriate places in the order of tracks.

I hope this is clearer to you than I've explained it here!

DEN (NE UK)

Not exactly seamless if a continuous sequence is needed with no (black) spaces, but an adequate enough way of constructing a long show out of separate segments.

However, what Lin has outlined is as good as is needed to join separate segments together. If this is done, without the whole audio track, then it's a simple matter of adjusting/creating the audio to suit the longer sequence. It would be very tricky to just join small 'scenes' together, bringing part of different audio with them. It requires that the audio track is a separate entity, regardless of how the slides are added -all in one sequence or from separate segments.

If the audio track are for completely independent segments, then just add these tracks to the music playlist in Project Options in their appropriate places in the order of tracks.

I hope this is clearer to you than I've explained it here!

DEN (NE UK)

thanks for your concern I found that in Magico i made each segment or scene complete with audio timed fade out. This then butted up to another complete scene with audio fading up. It works well but i realize you could not do it for bits of a scene .If as i want to do say a travelog each area is an identity to itself but combines to make a whole show. By being able to do that its possible to combine what you want for the time of show you want.I notice in forums folk were asking about joining exe to exe well i think they were in fact asking same as me but joining exe instead of pte.

What i want to do i guess is what you doo with movie editors joing clips but mine are ptes in this case.

I wonder if i am alone thinking this way ?

jon [midd uk]