WnSoft Forums

Manual Slide Show

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

I am putting a show together for a friend and he will be speaking and advancing the slides with the mouse from an exe file. Q is there any way to go back to the previous slide or slides. If there isn't, can the moderators move this to suggestions for next issue.?

Thanks

Yachtsman1

Hi All

I am putting a show together for a friend and he will be speaking and advancing the slides with the mouse from an exe file. Q is there any way to go back to the previous slide or slides. If there isn't, can the moderators move this to suggestions for next issue.?

Thanks

Yachtsman1

Very easily done. Go to 'Project Options', click the 'Advanced' tab. Just under the title of "Control of Show", select what you wish the mouse to do when a button is depressed. Example: advance to the next slide or return to the previous slide. There are several options to choose from. The Keyboard can also be used if you tick the 'Permit control of show using keyboard' option on the same screen.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill icon1.gif

Guest Yachtsman1
Very easily done. Go to 'Project Options', click the 'Advanced' tab. Just under the title of "Control of Show", select what you wish the mouse to do when a button is depressed. Example: advance to the next slide or return to the previous slide. There are several options to choose from. The Keyboard can also be used if you tick the 'Permit control of show using keyboard' option on the same screen.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill icon1.gif

Hi Bill

Thanks for that, easy when you know how ;)

Regards Eric

(yachtsman1)

Eric

I was interested in Bill's reply as I have never wanted to use this feature but always like to add to my knowledge of PTE. I was curious as to what "permit Control of Show Using Keyboard " did. I see that this uses Page Up / Page Down to move between slides the same as PowerPoint. If you use this facility then the projectors remote should be able to control the changing of slides.

Tony

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric

I was interested in Bill's reply as I have never wanted to use this feature but always like to add to my knowledge of PTE. I was curious as to what "permit Control of Show Using Keyboard " did. I see that this uses Page Up / Page Down to move between slides the same as PowerPoint. If you use this facility then the projectors remote should be able to control the changing of slides.

Tony

Hi Tony

This manual show is for a fellow Churchgoer, who is a little shaky on his computer tecnique. I must admit I have never explored all the stuff in project options, advanced. The mouse option was queried via him, hence my question. If the forecast snow arrives & I have some time I may have a dabble with the other options, the projector remote control sounds good as I know some presenters like to pace up & down when speaking, presumeably for inspiration :blink:

Regards Eric.

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric

The only slight downside of this method is that the 'backwards' transition is always a 'cut' - so any fades or other transitions used to advance the show are lost when putting in into reverse!

DEN (NE UK)

Hi Den, This is a manual advance show with no fades, sound track or animation, the only reason my friend would use it is if he went "a slide too far" accidentally.

Regards

Eric.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1
Eric

Tony

Hi Tony & anyone else who may know the answer.

The manual show I was preparing for a friend takes place tomorrow night. So on the basis that you intimated the show could be controlled from the projector remote control, I set up the projector, activated the manual show on the laptop, then went ahead and tried pressing every button on the remote I thought may control the slide changing, zilch.

The details of the exe file settings are as follows, in P.O. main tab, the wait for key press is ticked, in P.O. avanced tab the mouse buttons are set for L/H button previous slide, R/H button next slide, disable mouse wheel is ticked, "permit use of keyboard to control show" is ticked. All the technical buttons of the remote operate as normal, so it isn't batteries or pointing it in the wrong place.

Has anyone controlled a manual show via the projector remote??? :(

Yachtsman1