WnSoft Forums

converting CD to DVD format

joellusby621

I am trying to convert a video CD to a DVD so that a friend can view a slide show of his trip to Norway. He has no PC to view the CD on. Is this possible? I do not have the software for PicturesToEXE but have both Windows XP and Vista with other types of video software. The CD was created by someone who had the PictuesToEXE and that is about all I know about it. I would appreciate assistance with this so I can help out my non PC using friend.

Whether you can do this depends on which type of output is on the CD. If the output is in executable format (high probability) you won't be able to convert it. On the other hand if by chance the CD contains an AVI or MPEG II file, then that could be transferred to DVD format with appropriate third party software. DVD's can be created from AVI or from MPEG II output and these will play on commercial DVD players connected to television receivers. Executable code consists of an instruction set which requires a computer to translate into images. So executable code will not play on DVD media unless that media is used in a computer which can decode the executable file and turn it into sound and images.

If you can find the person who originally put the show on a CD and they still have the PTE file, then perhaps they can create a DVD of the show for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Whether you can do this depends on which type of output is on the CD. If the output is in executable format (high probability) you won't be able to convert it. On the other hand if by chance the CD contains an AVI or MPEG II file, then that could be transferred to DVD format with appropriate third party software. DVD's can be created from AVI or from MPEG II output and these will play on commercial DVD players connected to television receivers. Executable code consists of an instruction set which requires a computer to translate into images. So executable code will not play on DVD media unless that media is used in a computer which can decode the executable file and turn it into sound and images.

If you can find the person who originally put the show on a CD and they still have the PTE file, then perhaps they can create a DVD of the show for you.

Best regards,

Lin

ten many thousands of thanks Lin. This pretty much answers my question very thoroughly. I suspect the CD is an EXE file. I will try to locate the person who did the CD and see if they have the PTE file. I can't tell you how much time and energy, not to mention frustration you have saved me. Joel