WnSoft Forums

converting CD to DVD format in PicturesToExe

joellusby621

"Is there a way for me to convert a video CD to a DVD player compatible DVD either with or without accessing the software PicturesToExe?

I am trying to help a friend view his PictuesToExe made CD of a trip to Norway on his TV because he does not own a PC. I appreciate your help, thanks."

The above was a message to the support folks at WnSoft. Their response was that I might need the 3rd party software. I suspect they must mean I need to buy PicturesToExe? Anyone have any ideas about this?

Guest Yachtsman1

To make a DVD you need all the files that made the PTE Exe file, which is what I assume you have on the CD. The exe file is created from the pictures & sound files, so if all that information is available as a PTE file, and you have PTE Delux software, you can create a DVD. The only other way I've heard of, is to extract all the original pictures from the exe file using software that is commercially available, from where I don't know. That is assuming the original exe file was not locked to prevent this. If you can extract the pictures you would still need PTE sofware to create the DVD.

Yachtsman1

Hi Joe,

I think I answered your question on another post. If the file on the CD is a true video file such as an AVI or MPEG II, you can burn this to a DVD using any third party software which supports creating a DVD from a video file.

If the file is an executable file, you can't do this because a computer is needed to run an executable file so a commercial DVD player connected to a TV will not work.

If you want to create a new slideshow, you can screen capture the images on a computer and use the images to create another show but to create a show exactly like the one on the CD you would need the original PTE files. This means a file with the extension .pte and the PicturesToExe sofware to create a video from this PTE file. The .pte file is a code file telling the PicturesToExe program how to proceed with making either an executable, DVD, MPEG II, AVI or MP4 file. It tells the program how long to display each image, whether to zoom, pan, rotate, which music file to embed, etc.

Best regards,

Lin