WnSoft Forums

Attached sounds

JRR

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe it is an oddity at my end only.

I am having problems having attached sound bites play to the end when attached to an individual slide.

PROJECT OPTIONS > MUSIC is set to "don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears"

The sound bites are all less than the on-screen time for the slide often by a second or more.

The sound bite starts but then stops mid-sentence.

I can solve it by opening PROJECT OPTIONS and resetting the above option, then SAVE AS the show. The the sound bite plays to end. Then I have to repeat that for the next sound bite....

Only an issue in the mini-player, not when running in PREVIEW.

The sound bites are WAV format (once the show is done they get mixed into the background sound file)

By the way - sure is nice to be able to hear them in the min-player as I used to be a hassle in ver 4 (remember way back then :rolleyes: ?) when they would only play in Preview.

Just noticed, it doesn't seem to happen if it is a sound bite file that has not been altered since the last SAVE AS.

My workflow is that I attach the sound bite to all slides that are to have narration, and then as I run PTE, I add, or delete, silence at the start of a sound bite as required to have the voice over (or sound effect) start at the proper moment.

The silence is added/deleted in my sound editor and the file saved. It is in the same folder as the PTE show files and PTE automatically picks up the updated file.

It seems the mini-player is having issues only with any updated files, not any files that I do not update.

And going the PROJECT OPTIONS and SAVE AS route solves it

UPDATE:

Just discovered that I don't have to go the extra SAVE AS step. But I do have to re-set the PROJECT OPTIONS>MUSIC> don't interrupt... setting

Thanks Peter

There is this thread too that sort applies

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9413

But I don't think either one applies directly

Maybe someone else will trip over this, or it might just be that I am one of the few that uses this workflow......