WnSoft Forums

lost images

tom millar

:unsure: I have asked a few questions on this forum and when I try them out either are successful or I am lost

in trying to implement them.

I have still not mastered how to use nor have I created my first slide show.

I have tried without success and have saved each time I make any adjustment to my first attempt, however each

time I open it is always the same message and basically I have just given up as a lost cause. My first attempt has at the moment 58 slides on it at present six of which are a title sequence done on photoshop when it was doing some introduction on another program similar to PTE which I highjacked and used. When opening it always comes back witha message like images are missing do you wish to find, no matter how often I try I cannot get the files through the program and just list where they are then tinker a bit and save again only to find when I open again get the same message so I just get fustrated and leave again for a few months before I would look at it again.

Just saw a thread re autosave so I just thought I would ask to see if anyone has come across the problem?

Tom

Tom,

It sounds to me as though your problems lie not with PTE itself but with your "use of folders" disciplines. I'll try and explain things for you, but if you still do not understand, then perhaps you would be best off by finding a locally run "Computers for beginners" course in order to gain some basic understanding of your computer system. Now let's start afresh; ignore everything you've done so far.

Start by creating a new folder in which to keep everything associated with your sequence. Next, copy all the image files that you want to use into this folder. Then copy all the sound files that you want to use into this folder.

Now launch PTE and use the tree structure panel to navigate to this folder. Then within PTE do File...New... and give your project a name.

Now add the images that you want by dragging them from the File panel (the middle section of the main PTE window) down into the Slide List section (the bottom part of the main window)

Now do File...Save As... (before clicking on the Save button, make sure that the Save dialogue window is pointing at the folder you created above).

Finally close and re-launch PTE. It should open your project file for you and you are all set for your next session of editing your project; choosing transitions, adding more images, adding sound, whatever.

regards,

Peter

Hi Tom,

when I make a sequence I always start by setting up the following folder set for the show within a folder called "Audio Visuals" on my desktop.

"Audio Visuals"

"Show Name"

"Images" Contains all images for the sequence.

"Sound" Contains all sound files such as; Ripped music, voice recordings, FX, and Session files from your audio editor.

"Projects" Contains your .pte file, .exe file and any other files wich do not fall naturally into the other folders.

This setup allows you to move all relevent files between computers and to archive all sequences to an external drive. It also allows for quick and reliable working on a project as you can route all saving and opening options to the relevent folder(s).

Syonewall,

You wrote..."I have asked a few questions on this forum and when I try them out either I am successful or I am lost

in trying to implement them. I have still not mastered how to use nor have I created my first slide show".....

You are not alone in this experience as a 1st. time user ~ Alan Lyons (above) has given you the answer

but I fear it may have gone over your head, so lets try this.....

1)

Please forget your 58 Slide Show and all the things you have tried to do ~ let make a fresh simple start

and use 5 or 6 Photos only ~ forget all about Sound for the time being.

2)

There are some Photo-Attachments below clearly marked File-01 and File-02. Simply click on each to open it,

than have a look and then save them. You should go to the top LH.corner of this Web Window and select 'File'

then select 'Save-As' ~ Use the name given to you. Print out the Files as necessary.

Hope these help you get started.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1237075905_thumb.png

post-1416-1237075920_thumb.png