WnSoft Forums

PTE and PDF Documents

Conflow

Igor and Team,

On a few occassions I have tried to upload a PDF File to the Forum containing 'Instructional Images'

of the type..'How to do a particular Task' so far with no success, nor given an explaination why not !

1) I realise that this is an Invision Board "thing" which I find very hard to accept for the reasons:-

2) Virtually every Commercial/Private organisation in the World use PDF Imagery/Documents on the Web.

3) PDF Technology is very secure and its quality is far superior to 'cramped' Jpeg/Gif Images in current use.

4) PDF Technology will print anything:- Word Docs~Images~Excel Sheets~Plans~Copy EMails etc,etc.

5) PDF Documents can be Zoomed~Reduced in Full-Colour and can be saved in Multi-Page Book Format.

6) All PC's have Adobe-Reader. If not, download Foxit Pdf-Reader and Cute Pdf-Writer and your in business.

For Library & Web purposes nothing beats a good 'Multi-Page Pdf-File' with embedded Thumbnail & EXE

Selection's and is 50% smaller than comparitive systems.

My question is:- Why are we ignoring this superior Communications Media-System here on the Forum

as it would vastly enhance the usage and deployment of the PTE Program -and- the Members Forum ?

Brian.Conflow.

Igor and Peter,

Well I am absolutely 'non-plussed' ~ in fact 'stunned' is the proper word to describe my surprise !!

Igor ~ I think I owe the Invision-Board Team an apology ~ and may I say thanks to you and Peter

for your fast replies in correcting my mistaken assumption about 'Uploading Pdf's to the Forum'.

Now I need to go away and think about our problem. It's quite obviously something in our security

set-ups on our PC's thats blocking our attempts to upload Pdf's to the Invision-Board.

Many thanks again,

Brian.