WnSoft Forums

P2E right for my project & timeline?

Bundles

Hi all. Brand new here!

I think i'm sold on P2E, but I have a few questions before I buy it.

I've downloaded and viewed a few of your beautiful slideshows. Inspiring! I'm wondering though if slideshows created in picturestoexe allow you to have slideshow controls appear. Do you know what I mean?... Seems to be conventional nowadays that when you click on a video, controls appear near the bottom that allow the viewer to pause, play, etc. Then when the mouse moves away, the controls fade. Is this feature available?

I'm planning on creating a presentation for my mother's 80th birthday party, which will be on May 9th, using mostly family photos. Do you think I will have enough time -- for something fairly simple, but still very nice? This is an example of the kind of thing I want to do: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/...tribute.html#... I learn quickly. I'm a web designer and have some Flash experience (timeline) and lots of photoshop experience, so I think this kind of knowledge translates. I HOPE. :rolleyes:

For my project, do you recommend I use some kind of pre-built template? I know myself, and I'll want to customize anything i do, so I hesitate to use a template. On the other hand, it might save my sanity these next few weeks!

Is using p2e overkill for something like this? Or should a beginner like me try proshow gold?

Finally, if I have the remote chance to incorporate some video, can p2e do this?

Thank you for indulging me... I've downloaded the user guide but haven't had a chance to read it all yet.

Bundles,

Welcome to the PTE forum. Here are a few short answers and a remark:

- Having your background, the use of PTE should not be that difficult. A lot of functions (in particular the basic ones) are quite self-explanatory.

- You can have a navigation bar which behaves as you like it.

- Presently, PTE does not support video objects as part of PTE shows.

PTE provides features like hardware-rendered animations and dynamic masks, features you typically find only in products beyond 500 Euro.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

Thank you Xaver and Ken! Can't wait to get started...

Barbie

Austin, TX

Bundles,

Welcome to the PTE forum. Here are a few short answers and a remark:

- Having your background, the use of PTE should not be that difficult. A lot of functions (in particular the basic ones) are quite self-explanatory.

- You can have a navigation bar which behaves as you like it.

- Presently, PTE does not support video objects as part of PTE shows.

PTE provides features like hardware-rendered animations and dynamic masks, features you typically find only in products beyond 500 Euro.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich