WnSoft Forums

PTE transitions not smooth

philm5d

PTE version 5.1 plays OK on the host PC but when transferred to my laptop the transitions are slow and rough. I understand the laptop graphics card may be to blame HOWEVER I had no such problems with PTE version 4.42. which played smoothly on any computer.

I use the 5.1 version to proof weddings and I'm concerned that the program will not be smooth running on customers PCs, I no longer have the earlier 4.42 version having lost the set-up folder. Is there any cure? Many thanks!

PTE version 5.1 plays OK on the host PC but when transferred to my laptop the transitions are slow and rough. I understand the laptop graphics card may be to blame HOWEVER I had no such problems with PTE version 4.42. which played smoothly on any computer.

I use the 5.1 version to proof weddings and I'm concerned that the program will not be smooth running on customers PCs, I no longer have the earlier 4.42 version having lost the set-up folder. Is there any cure? Many thanks!

Philip:

Unless you are doing pans and zooms, version 4.49 is the way to go for assurance that the result will work on 99% or computers (always the chance someone will try it on a commodore 64 :D )

5.56 has a nicer interface than 4.49 no question, and with the 3D graphics turned off it will behave almost like 4.49 I believe in terms of working with most computers. But don't try pans and zooms with the 3D turned off and I am not sure about the new transitions.